1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Hold on credit card at Aria

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by papillon, Aug 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. papillon

papillon Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know this has been discussed before, but is the dollar amount on holds on your credit card different depending on how long you are staying? I am staying at Aria for four nights. I can't decline the hold by telling them I'm not charging anything to the room because I booked the rooms with a promotion that gives me two complimentary buffets a day but you have to charge it to the room.

2. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's always $X per night. So longer trip equals bigger hold. Of course I've never had a hold on my card at all except for actual charges I made on the room before they're comped. Not really sure why. Maybe an RFB thing I don't know.

3. gritmonkey

gritmonkey Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    it's generally $100/nt. So 4 nights would = 400.

4. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i just booked the hardrock and it says a 50$ per nite for security and the rate was 199$ a nite.it will vary by property

5. mephisto2000

mephisto2000 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Holds vary from hotel to hotel. As low as $20/nt at the Excalibur to $200/nt at Bellagio. Trip Advisor lists $130/nt at the Aria so a 4 night hold would be $520.

6. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At the end of the trip when you square up it shouldn't still be on there. I've honestly never looked (at my CC on-line) mid trip or thought about it. I figured this was typical hotel practice anywhere because wherever you travel to, they always ask for your card at check-in.

7. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    that's because you're a responsible adult who manages his finances and credit and has enough credit available on his credit card to handle whatever hold there might be. others (not calling out the OP here, just "others") schedule trips to Vegas when the money they're about to spend might be better served paying down some debt or creating some rainy-day savings. to each his own.

8. sweetcanadian

sweetcanadian High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have enough room on my CC but i emailed excal for a friend who does not have a cc and they said it is $50 a night there, could have been 20 before but it is not now.

I would phone or email them and ask.

Holds are not just for room charges, they are also for damages incurred if you break things or wreck the room.

9. shawnawm1868

shawnawm1868 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The last time I was at excal, I was able to waive the hold. All it takes is asking.

10. mephisto2000

mephisto2000 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stayed at Excalibur 3 weeks ago and the hold was $20/nt, same as what's listed on the TripAdvisor page I linked to in an earlier post. And you can wave incidentals too. I had 2 rooms booked and waved it on one of them.

11. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well put.

If one can not even handle a credit card with a minimal hold, then.....

Calling Dave Ramsey!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.