1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Absinthe for the non Cirque fan

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by landsburger, Aug 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. landsburger

landsburger High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi,

I know it's a strange question, but I've heard a lot about Absinthe and am considering going. I personally didn't really enjoy "O". I'm a very artistic person, but acrobats and french art didn't really do it for me.

I'm wondering if the overall story and comedy in Absinthe is the main draw, or is it "how cool the two contortionists spinning in front of you" are. :)

I think you get my question.

Thanks for the input.

LB

2. MNVegasgal

MNVegasgal Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We loved Absinthe - I am late 40's - hubby is early 50's and daughter and her BFF were 21 an 22. We laughed, we were amazed, we were a little shocked, and I sat in Awe at most of the acts. The small stage, the funny - bawdy banter of the Bazzialionaire (sp?) and his assistant Penny has us laughing to tears. If you are easily offended - stay away, but if you like to see every one made fun of.. I highly recommend!!!!

3. sandman748

sandman748 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Absinthe is nothing like cirque. The acrobats are neat, nowhere near top notch. The main draw is the humor. There is no story.

It was an ok show. Nothing great. Certainly won't wow anyone who has seen any cirque shows or watched Americas got talent for that matter. But enjoyable nonetheless

4. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just what I was gonna say. The acobat stuff is pretty cool and impressive but the humor is the best part of the show. I was laughing so hard I about pissed myself.

5. S'AllGoodMan

S'AllGoodMan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hate cirque. It just creeps me out. I do love dirty humor and laughed so hard my face hurt at Absinthe. I thought the acts were great too.

B

6. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i HATE everything that has to do with cirque du soleil and i loved absinthe saw the show twice and even the 2nd time i was crying tears of laughter

7. Max2589

Max2589 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went to see it also because I thought that blonde chick Angel porrino was in it. However, I must have missed that boat. My gf and I still enjoyed it, definitely some solid laughs.

8. landsburger

landsburger High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for all the very helpful feedback. Just what I wanted to hear actually (although that doesn't matter).

Yeah, I paid a lot of money for the O tickets back in the day and was prepared to be wowed. I remember thinking as I left, "Did I just pay all that money to watch someone with a painted face and their legs behind their head crawl across the stage?"

:) Ok, I'm exaggerating but I didn't enjoy.

9. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Angel is in the show unless you caught the show on her off night she's the bubble girl

Last edited: Aug 23, 2013
  10. anton73

anton73 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I fell asleep during Mystere but I loved every minute of Absinthe.

11. Greensideup

Greensideup Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I felt the same way about 'O'. Walked out wishing I had sold my tickets to someone in will call. Although, I have enjoyed some other Cirque shows.
    Absinthe honestly has very little in common with Cirque. The venue, the stage, the acts, the very, very adult humor. I would recommend this to any of my openminded adult friends in a heartbeat. Laughed my ass off with Penny's sock puppets!!! You will understand......you can thank us later.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.