1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Vegas Vet... Comp Newbie.... Palms Visit

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Camp Rusty, Aug 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Camp Rusty

Camp Rusty VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Heynow Gamblers.......

I am new to the comp thing, my play over the last twenty years is almost exclusively with the book. My play in the book is low enough, usually around $500.00 total per trip, that I obviously receive nothing but drink tickets for with a decent tip to the writer.

Following along with the trip reports and suggestions on comps in the past I have a marginal understanding of the system........don't play for comps, use your card, more comps for higher hold games, but still not sure what else there might be. Regardless I will still be a high tipping low roller at the end of the day.

My play at the machines has been limited to the time and amount to get a free drink, then move on to see how my sports bets are coming along. I always sign up and use the cards but the silly low amounts registered on it probably speak to a nine year old sneaking in to play a video game.

This trip things are changing a bit, I have a grand budgeted for non sports gambling. I will only be gambling at the Palms, first stay there by the way, and the only thing I would like to take away comp-wise would be future discounted rooms, not even free rooms.......plus of course copious free drinks :beer:

I can play blackjack well enough to not anger the other players at the table, I enjoy JOB VP and know how to find a decent pay table, and have a basic understanding of Pai Gow Poker which is what my girlfriend loves to play. As I understand Pai Gow is often not even rated due to the low house edge and low number of hands per hour but would love to sit and play next to her regardless.

So, after all that rambling any tips on how to spread out my grand to maximize my comp potential as well as my winning potential. Thanks everyone :) :) :)

Rusty

2. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    do what ur doing sign up for there players card i think if ur new theres a 1000$ rebate going on ,give them some play u will get offers im a long time plays stayer and player

3. vegas!!!!!

vegas!!!!! Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did the $1,000 loss rebate their last August. I played $50 a hand blackjack in the high limit room for about an hour and a half. I then received offers for two free nights several times this year, including 50 freeplay, and was even good on weekends.

4. Camp Rusty

Camp Rusty VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks

Thanks for the info......we'll see how this goes. Pretty excited to have a larger, albeit still small bankroll.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.