1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Our redemption experiences this weekend

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by MisplacedTexan, Aug 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MisplacedTexan

MisplacedTexan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought I'd post our experiences redeeming awards at Luxor and Mandalay Bay this past weekend. I might still do a full-blown TR, but wanted to post this here just in case anybody was interested. A warning -- this is lengthy.

Luxor -- Originally, I cashed in for a Friday-Saturday room then later decided to get a Sunday-Thursday room, too and we'd stay Saturday and Sunday night there. I had some issues when I called the reservation line -- the agent tried to book the room under the same reservation, but the system wouldn't let him so he booked two different reservations. I was OK with that, but I intended to call and confirm the ressys before we left -- sadly, I didn't.

When we checked in, the phone agent had somehow booked us for two rooms on Saturday night only. We had nothing for Sunday. The clerk tried to rebook us for Sunday with the Sunday-Thursday code, but couldn't get it to work. She called her supervisor who came over -- clicky, clicky, clicky, he couldn't get it to work. Another clerk came over and he tried. Clicky, clicky, clicky, no luck. Finally they got a manager ... clicky, clicky, clicky ... nothing ... clicky, clicky, clicky... nada. He eventually told the original clerk to book us for Sunday, mark it as a comp and he would fix it in the system later. I'm guessing we stood at the counter for 30-35 minutes while they struggled. If it's any consolation, they put is in a tower room and we were originally booked for the pyramid.

Later we go to get new cards at the M Life desk. Clicky, clicky, clicky, the agent tells me I have two accounts and she would have to merge them. That makes sense -- I couldn't find my number from my original account and never registered it online. So when I went to redeem my points, I created a new account online. Clicky, clicky, clicky, she gets the two merged into one, gives us cards and we're off.

Mandalay Bay -- we run over the next morning to get our Shark Reef passes. The clerk says the MyVegas awards are all under one M Life number and since the accounts were merged together (to the original account), she didn't know how to give us the passes. Clicky, clicky, clicky ... no workee. Consulted with the clerk beside her and he told her to call the supervisor. As she's looking up his number, the supervisor shows up. She explains the whole situation and he takes over. Clicky, clicky, clicky ... "Hmmm," he says. "Not sure what to do here." Clicky, clicky, clicky, he finally gets what he wants to see and turns the computer back over to the original agent. Clicky, clicky, clicky, she can't figure it out. The supervisor takes over again and clicky, clicky, clicky ... finally he gets the pass printed out. That process probably took half an hour.

I say all that to say this -- some of this was my fault for not doing my due diligence and calling to confirm the reservation and not figuring out what my original M Life account number was before I cashed in for the rewards. A lot of it, though, seemed to be the clunky MGM system that was so restrictive that there was no room for error. If you haven't gathered, there was a LOT of clicking, confused looks, sighing and head shaking going on. I probably shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth, but MGM could go a LONG way to making the process easier.

2. Lhammer28

Lhammer28 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That sounds SUPER frustrating and I really hope that My hubby doesnt have an issue when we get down there. I couldnt find his MLife card and since his current e-mail wasn't registered I just went ahead and made him a new one. I really hope this isnt going to be an issue when we get down there.

3. MisplacedTexan

MisplacedTexan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just learn from my mistake and if they need to combine accounts be sure they join the accounts under the number you used for your rewards. I thought about mentioning that when the agent was working on combining mine and I wished later I had.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.