1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Protect Your Bubble rental car insurance?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by dmr, Aug 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I saw this ad for this company last weekend on some cable channel I was half-way watching (TLC?) and wondered if anyone has used it.

I usually decline the extra insurance on car rentals, since my regular insurance covers rental cars and my credit card covers deductibles and in most cases that rip-off "loss of use" and such. However, it's not "real insurance" and any claim goes against your record with your regular insurance.

This company offers rental car insurance for $7 and change per day, which makes it worth considering, as opposed to the $20-25 that the rental car companies charge.

Anyone used this?

Anyone see any downsides?

2. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never heard of them, but did go look at details. Kind of funny - "not available for residents of Texas". Not Texas rentals, residents of Texas. I wonder why that is??

A Sat & Sun rental, they wanted $23.97

3. mescalita

mescalita old and in the way...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    "Never heard of them, but did go look at details. Kind of funny - "not available for residents of Texas". Not Texas rentals, residents of Texas. I wonder why that is??"

Probably because they would lose a ton of money insuring my fellow Texas "drivers."

4. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't heard of this company but I have heard of third party companies offering rental insurance at reasonable rates. If that's something you are interested in, I am sure you can find one with good bona fides.

5. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    (what you get for insurance isn't what is available at the counter)....Don't mean to hijack but last time I rented from Enterprise on Flamingo it was busy so I read the plackard which explained what you were out if insurance was NOT taken.

If you have an accident and multiple injuries and hospital expenses etc. it does not come from the insurance available at the rental counter. It does not cover the other car if you are at fault. It only covers the expenses (as I read it) of the cost lost by the rental company on time(s) lost in renting the car while in the shop and damage to the car. I think it most misleading when they apply the "pressure". But Just my opinion.

IF you are not at fault.......Anyone else?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.