1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

getting to Sams

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by patriciak, Aug 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. patriciak

patriciak Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi, a stranger to your country here, (from Australia) and we will be visiting Las Vegas early 2014, I would like to know how we get from Bellagio area to Sam's Town Hotel and Gambling Hall, we have booked a condo at Jockey Club for a week so I need to be able to do a food shop and I see Walmart is opposite there, I know you all think Walmart is tacky, but we don't have them here in Australia so I am really looking forward to having a look around and to be able to pick up some stuff aswell.

2. Sallymander

Sallymander Freedom 55

Trips to Las Vegas:
    First of all, welcome to the Board! :wave:
    Go to the Sam's Town web site and you'll find a shuttle schedule...since you're staying on the Strip you'll want to board the shuttle bus at Harrah's. Enjoy Sam's Town! Don't miss the Atrium show...it's incredibly kitschy! And if you're wanting to buy any western wear make sure to visit Shepler's, located on the second floor. A visit to Sam's Town is a great side trip. I'll be staying Downtown and plan to spend an afternoon there! Free shuttle, free animatronic show, millions of slots, cinema...what's not to like! :thumbsup:

3. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can also take a taxi there, the cost is about $30

As mentioned above, the shuttle is free and thats a great way to get out there and save a few bucks for gambling or shopping... but if you are going to be buying some grocery items, snacks, drinks, etc and then doing some general shopping as well you'll probably want to take a cab back to the hotel instead.

As for the food shopping part:
    If you are just looking for drinks and snack-type stuff for the room there are other places you can get that which are within walking distance of Bellagio (ABC store and Walgreens at Planet Hollywood... a CVS, ABC and Walgreens out front of Monte Carlo... a small food shop down Flamingo, across the street from Bally's).

Or if you are looking for actual groceries for the room there are supermarkets where you can do your shopping online and they will deliver it to you (Vons is the one that comes to mind, but I am pretty sure there are a couple of others that have been mentioned in the past).

4. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have to clear one thing up about Americans- we don't think WalMart itself is tacky, just some of the people that shop there are.

http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/

5. Tubbs

Tubbs High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  6. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Walgreens in front of Planet Hollywood is very big. It even has a walk in beer cooler. Not a true grocery story, but it does have lots of STUFF.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.