1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

EPL Soccer Betting

Discussion in 'The Sports Book' started by Dearns, Aug 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dearns

Dearns Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm coming to Vegas this weekend and will probably be looking to do some betting on the EPL whilst there.

Just wondering if anyone knows what the betting options are, if any, other than the winner? Over/under on goals? Cards? I'll miss most of the games this weekend but will be there in time for the Monday game (noon Vegas time) and also the games of the weekend of the 24th.

2. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’m no expert. Nor have I done an exhaustive search of all the books in town. But, I doubt you’ll be able to find too many exotic bets for EPL games on this side of the pond. Maybe if it’s a big game like Man U and Chelsea or a Champion’s League final or something like that. But for your average weekly game, you’ll probably just be able to bet win/lose/draw on the moneyline. At least that’s all I’ve seen. You might find over/under. You could also place a futures bet on the league champion. But I’d imagine you’d be able to get a better price in your neck of the woods.

3. Dearns

Dearns Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the reply - kinda confirmed what I was expecting.

One more question, I usually place around 5 teams into what is called an accumulator over here. Is there a different name for it in the States? And is it easy enough to place at the sports books?

4. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like what we call a “parlay”. And if so, yes, they are quite common and fairly easy to do.

5. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep, just tell the betting window you want to place a five tem parlay bet. I don't recall seeing as many as five soccer games on the board at once! Hope you hit it. That's a great payout

I Need Spa
  6. Dearns

Dearns Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks. Hopefully I'll find a sports book that offers a few games.

7. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Every time I’ve checked at Wynn, they’ve had all the EPL games for that particular weekend - or at least all the games in which I was remotely interested. I suppose if you really need to get action on Cardiff City vs. Crystal Palace or something like that you might have to check a few different books. But, I’d imagine all the books will offer most, if not all, of the games for whatever weekend you’re there.

You probably won't find any of the games up on the board. You'll have to go up front where they have all the sheets with prop bets, future bets and the less popular sports. I don't know how often they update those sheets. So, make sure you double check with the ticket writer if the odds are still the same as they say on the sheets.

8. Dearns

Dearns Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like the way it's done over here - an A4 sheet with all the games on and you fill it in lottery ticket style with your selections.

Unfortunately Wigan got relegated so that's one less glamour game every week :haha:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.