1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

topless pools on the strip

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by rubytue, Aug 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rubytue

rubytue Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hubby and I are planning a trip the last weekend in October---we are in our early 30's. We want to spend some time by the pool and I enjoy topless sunbathing.

What is the best European-style pool that is relaxed and not 'club-like' or really crowded?

Will any still be open at the end of October?

Is there a minimum charge for food/drink? I don't need a special bed or cabana...just want a basic lounge chair....

It seems like the Encore would be a good bet, but I didn't really want to spend that much on a hotel and I believe its for hotel guests only....what about Moorea, Bare or Venus?

Thanks!

2. dannyocean

dannyocean High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mandalay isn't a bad option, although I feel like the pool has become a bit more club-ified in the past year or so. The "beach club" trend isn't great for those who just want to chill by the pool. A little too intense.

Encore is a great choice, and generally a laid back vibe overall at the property, so might be worth the extra cash.

3. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Actually your instincts are right on. Encore is exactly the environment you described that you're looking for. The only problem I see is on average, you're really about a month late for real Vegas pool weather. You might still be able to go in late October but most likely it will be low 70's....not that warm in the desert. Also no charge to get in but you do have to be a hotel guest and the Lounge chairs are free but day beds and Lilly pads are $$$

4. xmarksx

xmarksx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I were at Moorea last week, we are 51 and 50. Good crowd and a mix of ages with the majority being 30-something. One thing I did notice was there seemed to be far more going topless than I saw at Wynn or at the Nugget. We were at Golden Nugget late last October and the weather was still quite warm upstairs, especially since the wind was blocked. A few women were going topless both at the topless area of the regular pool and the club portion, The Hideout. We chose to simply go to the adult area of the pool since we did not want to fade the cost of entry.

5. waverunner

waverunner ------VEGA$------

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was at the Venus Pool at Caesars last week for 5 days @ 9 hours per day. I had a wonderful time at the pool, unfortunately it got dark.........so i had no choice but to gamble................those bastards!!

6. landsburger

landsburger High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As mentioned, the end of October can be very cold. Was there one Halloween and froze!

Luck of the draw I guess.

Mandalay pumps the music quite loud. Encore will have a much more laid back feel. The boobs will also be more relaxed in general. Luck if the draw I guess.

7. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

I'm gonna need to see a topless photo of you to be able to tell you the best pool. Send me a PM and I can help you out!!!

8. HallOfPromise

HallOfPromise Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would like to know of some info as well on more relaxing atmospheres rather than loud music. My GF and I did Tao Beach last time but the F&B min got us. It seems like a few of you have been to several spots. Any info on the costs, including that hidden F&B fees?

9. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It looks like you've gotten some good, solid, rational advice on which topless pool might be to your liking.

I would like to add that you should probably avoid any of them that I might be attending.

:confused2:

10. jrinct1

jrinct1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Being from the northeast( CT land) I kinda chuckle and laugh with what some of the posters call cold. Maybe I am nuts and being from CT can make you a semi polar bear............But I will be in shorts until almost NOVEMBER in CT LAND or unless the weather gets COLDER than 45 degrees. Ok so I am NUTS..LOL!!!

11. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never been to Bare at the Mirage, but my room last summer overlooked it somewhat and it was literally like a packed nightclub. Looked like standing room only in the pool.

Gave new meaning to the term "clusterf**k."

12. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The big difference is Tao Beach is open to anybody for a fee (and free for locals) when the Wynn and Encore euro pools are for hotel guests only and they check keys very strictly. The Encore does have the Beach Club that is a paid entry. Two very different venues.

Steve Wynn did a pretty good job (although I'm not a EBC fan) of making pools for those like like to chill, those that like to chill but have the topless option and those that want to party at 2pm like it's 2am but at a pool. Both Wynn and Encore have their own regual pool, eruo pool and then there is a private pool for the guests in the Tower Suites at both hotels. Throw in the EBC and there is a total of 6 pools at Wynncore.

13. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agree with the comments on Wynncore pool areas. To me its far superior to any other pool complex in Vegas. It is however made for grownups, if bringing kids its better to hit up Mandalay Bay or Mgm.

14. HallOfPromise

HallOfPromise Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've already booked my hotel so I am wondering about the topless pools open to all for my girlfriend and me during midweek. I can easily find cover charges online but what I now wonder most about are food/beverage minimums and relaxing atmosphere, similar to the original poster.

It seems like Encore has a very nice and relaxing euro pool but it is for Wynncore guests only, so that is out of the question for us. Tao Beach is alright since it has free cover midweek, but the music can be a bit loud and because the place is so small just about everything you can relax on requires a $50 food/beverage minimum.

So from what I am getting is most of the topless pools seem to also be party clubs most of the time or on weekends. But from the grapevine some of them calm down midweek and offer more relaxing atmospheres. It seems that just about all of them charge a cover to get in but what I do not know about are food/beverage minimums inside the place.

It's a wonder why this info is so hard to come by on their official websites. I think VooDoo Beach was the most informative of them all.

This site seems to do a good job breaking most info down: http://www.lasvegasadvisor.com/coolpools.cfm

15. gopolks

gopolks Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The European Pool at the wynn is amazing. Very relaxed, sunbathing swimming topless, slightly older crowd, early 30's mainly but a few people in the 20's, but not rowdy at all. so you can have a relaxing time.

Its free, but only guests of the hotel are allowed to use the pool.

16. Kickin

Kickin Flea

As a guy I've found that none of the pools have an issue with me going topless. Its going bottomless that they seem to get all uptight about.

17. xmarksx

xmarksx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Okay, Kickin, your comment was worth the wade through all the old posts for the laugh!

18. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    October weather is all over the place. We were out there last October 20-25 and it was low 80's every day.

19. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I didn't know the GN offered topless. (I am one of the few that would not got to a topless pool - I travel with my brother and we are both happily married).

I have stayed at the GN numerous times but never got to The Hideout - which I just thought was an adults only pool.

Is the Hideout a regular infinity pool area or do they offer topless?

20. gguerra

gguerra High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Really?? What does being happily married have to do with going to a topless pool? It's just boobs..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.