1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Steak House at Circus Circus

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Cookielover, Aug 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cookielover

Cookielover Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has anyone eaten there? I have heard good things about it and have reservations for next week. Would love some up-to-date information. Thanks for any comments. :wave:

2. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The subject of good/great steakhouses is often discussed here and YES... Circus Circus Steakhouse always seems to get very high marks! It's been a year to since I dined with a client and it was an outstanding meal!!! The rest of the property gets mixed-reviews, but the Steakhouse is a GOOD one!!!!

3. DNA

DNA Low-Roller

I have always got the steak and Australian Lobster and loved it.

4. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    THE Steakhouse at Circus Circus is fantastic. I can recommend it with the highest level of confidence.

My least meal there was less than 6 months ago.

5. Gino

Gino "The King of Inappropriate."

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Always good. Having been a north strip dweller for a while I've eaten ther several times (not since 2010 unfortunately) but this I can tell you, I've never had a bad meal there - or bad service for that matter.

6. westie

westie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We dined there on June 1st - here are my TR notes and photos

This highly acclaimed restaurant has been a frequent Best of Las Vegas recipient over its 31 years of existence. It is noted for serving in-house dry aged beef from an in-house cooler located near the entrance to the dining room.

After reviewing the wine list and estimating our final bill, I selected a bottle of Rosemont Estate Shiraz. This $32 bottle of wine, featuring a twist off top, retails for approximately $8, but proved to an upgrade from what we drink at Ellis.

We started off with a grilled shrimp appetizer that included a delicious garlic butter sauce.

[​IMG]

Dinners include a basket of bread and house salads.

[​IMG]

We each chose filet mignon entrees that were perfectly cooked to medium rare as requested and accompanied by an impressive amount of garlic mashed potatoes plus several baby carrots. We doggie bagged a single slice of chocolate mousse cake.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Our food was very good and the service throughout the evening was seamless. The final bill came in just $3 short of our $150 comp. ($30, MyVegas, 4,5 Forksout of a possible 5)

7. Cookielover

Cookielover Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks to all of you for your replies! I knew I could count on you! As a long-time lurker who recently became a member, I hope I can soon help others with questions and answers about my most favorite city...

8. BigWW

BigWW High Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been there 3 times. The first two were awesome! Food was fantastic. This last time Steak had zero flavor and service was not very good. This was this past April so it's been a little while. I am going back to Vegas in Sept. and will try again though because the first two times it was seriously one of the best steaks I've ever had. My wife loved the cheesecake as well.

9. j52chips

j52chips Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Even the best steak houses can have a bad steak on a given day. But that doesn't make it bad. I always give restaurants a second chance or more. In the Chicago area I've had 20 plus steaks and prime rib at my favorite. I've had about 3-4 that were only OK. But it is still my favorite steak spot. Circus Circus is one of the best. Enjoy it.

10. BigWW

BigWW High Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I totally agree! That's why I'm going back in Sept!

11. undathesea

undathesea Grandissimo

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not much for presentation, are they? Just based on the presentation alone I would never go there.

12. sandman748

sandman748 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was underwhelmed on my visit in May. We both had the filet and both felt that we have had much better steak at home. Certainly nothing in comparison to the higher end steakhouses we have eaten at.

That being said, the value (for Vegas standards) is certainly up there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.