1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

NFL opening weekend wings/beer

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by mpaul7857, Aug 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mpaul7857

mpaul7857 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm going to MGM opening weekend of NFL for my bday. What place would have the best wings? I want to watch the colts game (10 am Vegas time ughhh) but gotta watch my colts and games I'm betting on!

Also anyplace with great specials on wings and beer would be appreciated! I'm love wings beer and football!!

Thanks everyone!!

2. VegasBJ

VegasBJ VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Across the street at Hooters

3. Codewarrior47

Codewarrior47 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    GN pig skins and poker weekend

4. mpaul7857

mpaul7857 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks guys - I can eat Hooters here in Indy though so I would rather try somewhere that is more local to Vegas and not a chain.. plus a good place to watch a game

5. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Holsteins @ Cosmo has some very good wings.

6. mpaul7857

mpaul7857 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice! Think that'd be a fun scene to watch a game??

7. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Its 100x better atmosphere and food compared to Hooters. You can sit at the bar or in the restaurant, plenty of Tv's.

8. Crambone

Crambone Gnaeus Pompey Magnus

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Holstein's web page says they open at 11am. Might have to find a nearby TV for an hour.

Hours of Operation (Open 7 days)
    Lunch Sun - Sat 11 am - 4 pm
    Dinner Sun - Sat 4 pm - 12 am
    Late Night Fri, Sat & Mon 12 am - 2 am

9. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Many places in Vegas that cater to NFL crowds do open earlier during the season, even if their posted hours are different.

Four Queens, Chicago Brewing Co is one with posted hours of 11 AM, but NFL Sundays, they are open before 10 AM. A phone call might in order to wherever you decide.
    Living in Vegas I really hated the 10 AM games, but on the flipside, I really enjoyed the late games starting at 6 PM.

10. numeno

numeno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I liked the wings at the Pub in Monte Carlo. Not at all cheap, but they were good. Also a very good beer selection there. I watched March Madness there one morning, so I'm sure the NFL would be enjoyable there as well.

11. mpaul7857

mpaul7857 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks everyone! Cosmo sounds like a winner my GF loves that place and sounds like I can score some good wings and beer.... 10 AM Vegas time isnt even early enough to deter me from wings, beer and football :beer:

12. stephpoe

stephpoe Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are wanting to do this also with our fourteen year old son. Where's a good place to take a minor. He loved the ESPN Zone but it was gone last time we went.

13. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep, I've found this to be the case at, among others, Lily at Bellagio (normally opened at noon, but was open by 10am on Sunday) and Skybox at Aria (normally 11am, but opened by 10am and was serving a special breakfast menu). If you're at MGM, I might check on Michael Mina Pub 1842, since I'd think they're a prime candidate for an early Sunday opening during football season. I've had their crispy chicken wings during happy hour, their bar snacks in general are pretty solid if you want to branch out beyond wings, and the beer selection is great.

14. mpaul7857

mpaul7857 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What is the word on Blondies? I am just looking for an awesome sports bar ... so many decisions lol

15. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

Pretty far from MGM, but Lagasse's Stadium @ Palazzo seems good for football.

16. gpenguins67

gpenguins67 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know they always used to have drink specials on game days but its usually packed. You will definitely need to get there early. The will have the signs posted with the specials for game day a day or 2 in advance.

The place is pretty cool but it just seemed loaded with frat boys playing beer pong.

17. numeno

numeno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sporting House replaced ESPN Zone. I have no idea if they let minors in, but I also don't know why it would be significantly different. Still a great place to watch the games.

The Pub would have the same thing. Having never gone to any of these places with under 21s, I have no experience with what restaurants if any restrict people.

18. anton73

anton73 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  19. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There is that new Breastaurant on the corner at Planet Hollywood, Twin Peaks. Like a Hooters but a bit more unique.

20. ABQJeff

ABQJeff Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought the wings at the Pub at Monte Carlo were extremely good. And a superlative beer selection. Service is spotty though. Had some very good and some very bad service there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.