1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Mgm deposit?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Chrisnewton, Aug 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mephisto2000

mephisto2000 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My Chase debit card was refunded in 2 business days.

2. Daila

Daila Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    MGM Credit Card Incidental Hold

Just paid my balance and verified this on Friday.

The hold at MGM is $100 per night to a max of $300. So if you stay 4 nights, it will be a $300 hold. If you stay 2 nights, it will be a $200.

This was effective November 2012 and is still effective as of today as per this MGM agent. She actually put me on hold and verified as she said the policy was different in the past.

Hope this helps!

3. apratt0905

apratt0905 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is not false.

The registration desk at the airport (do not use this as they are lazy, rude and incompetent) said NO WAY, no debit card. If you want to use it as a credit, then we can charge the $600 (we were staying for 6 nights and at that time it was $100 per night). Of course my card has a credit cap of $200 per day so that wouldn't work out. So they suggested I register at the hotel and maybe they would "take a personal check" with a fee included of course..."do you have enough in your account?" Yep, they said that. I just smiled and walked away...idiots.

The registration desk at the hotel had no problem charging the "credit" amount of $200 on my card and we paid the rest of the deposit in cash. It was the clerk's suggestion we do that.

So I would imagine if you don't pursue the issue, the desk clerk will stick with NO DEBIT/CREDIT CARD...which was almost the predicament I was left in. But thanks to the clerk's suggestion, it all worked out for me.

4. mdm4sfest

mdm4sfest VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Havent read all of the responses but if you use a debit card, you can instantly call your bank to have the pre-authorization reversed and the funds placed back towards your available balance. The ONLY way it will be re-debited/post is if you trash the room,etc.

5. apratt0905

apratt0905 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My $200 hold was refunded by the next business day with no problems at all.

In fact, we received so many comps at MGM that they handed us cash for resort fees and food that we had charged to the room..so that was a nice "goodbye" gift...them handing me money.

6. VegasKing

VegasKing High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bellagio stated for my upcoming trip that the hold is for $300. Staying there for 3 days.

7. mdee

mdee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's for being able to charge incidentals to the room! It's pretty much standard practice.
    Believe me - $300 would not even begin to cover the cost of someone trashing a room.
    They would prefer it to go on a Credit Card. The Travel Agent is messing w/you!

8. bswim

bswim High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not sure who you talked to at either counter but we've never had a problem using a debit card at MGM or several other properties. May be who the debit card is issued from?

9. ND80

ND80 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just got off the phone with Signature at MGM about my November reservation and they said that there is absolutely no problem with using a debit card. Confirmed its a $100/night hold

I've also used it 3 times previous at Bellagio and have had no issues whatsoever

10. bswim

bswim High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've got a feeling with the economy tanking and people's credit tanking as well they've loosened up policies compared to what they used to be.

11. apratt0905

apratt0905 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I guess my point is if you have a debit/credit card that has a cap for credit charges of, say, $200 and your hotel charges $100 per night and you are staying 3 nights, then you will have a problem. With the cap of $200, you cannot charge $300. But MGM did allow me to charge the $200 and pay in cash the other $400 for our 6 night stay.

12. bswim

bswim High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd look for a different bank if your cap is $200, or call your bank and ask for a temp increase.
    I have an account at a local credit union, daily cash withdrawal is $500, when used as a Mastercard the daily max is $5000.

13. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What kind of card has a $200 a day cap? What's the point in that? That won't even get you dinner and a movie. Time for a new card.

14. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Why would anyone have a $200 cap? Never heard of such a thing,ever.

And, if you have that sort of cap, skip the card and carry cash. Nuts. Crazy.

15. wigwam_salesman

wigwam_salesman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am guessing the OP made a simple mistake and that it is a debit card with a daily withdrawal limit (every debit card in the UK has this), mine is roughly $600 daily. It doesn't affect what transactions you can make though. The other alternative is that it could be a pre-paid credit card.

16. joevegaspremo

joevegaspremo Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Used the $20 buck trick once, in ballys it "worked" persay. We were upgraded in a sense that she said we were. Room was nice but not a suite or anything like that.

17. Chrisnewton

Chrisnewton High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for all replies, just to clarify my debit card is a natwest visa debit card and I can withdraw £500 a day on it. Will this card be accepted at mgm?

Thanks all

Chris

18. wigwam_salesman

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have used mine there before. Your cash daily withdrawal limit has no effect on the amount you use it to buy stuff with.

19. Chrisnewton

Chrisnewton High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

20. wigwam_salesman

Trips to Las Vegas:
    TBH, if you're using a debit card just pay cash (they will probably want about $300) and you can get it back when you check out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.