1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Waived resort fees at CP for a tip?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by vcrjoe, Aug 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vcrjoe

vcrjoe Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm a lowly TR member who hasn't paid for a room in years. For the first time, we're comped in the Forum Tower at CP. I haven't been to LV since CET introduced resort fees. I'm happy with the room comp, but was wondering if anyone's tried the $20 trick to get the fees waived?
    I'm there end of August for 3 nights mid week Tues-Fri. That's $75 in resort fees that I'd like to get rid of. Even a $50 trick wouldn't hurt so bad.

I wouldn't turn down an upgrade, but it's the resort fees that I'd really like to eliminate. Any experience out there?

2. wpete

wpete High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never heard of getting fees waived while checking in. Just the opposite as a matter of fact, that the fee comes from a different section of the billing department and can't be waived. At least that's the party line I've been fed.

Wife and I stayed at CP last summer for the first time. We could never get a comped room there before and when I saw that we could get it, we decided to try it. Anyway, we were in line trying to check in. There were about 10 check-in clerks and each line was about 10 deep so it was going to take a while. After about 10 minutes, some guy from about 4 lines over recognized the people in front of us so he came over and greeted them. I figured he would go back to his place in his line eventually after the hugs and kissy faces was over with, but he didn't. I didn't say anything basically cuz he was about 6'6 and 300 lbs, but boy if my looks could kill. LOL

Anyway, he didn't budge out of the line and ended up checking in in front of us. However, the check-in clerk told him that his room wasn't ready and that he would need to come back in about an hour. He was pissed. I was about to be pissed cuz I really didn't want to be told my room wasn't ready either.

So, we took our turn at check in, was told that our room wasn't quite ready and after a few quick phone calls by the clerk, we were upgraded to a Bellagio fountain facing room. Apparently the cutsies by the big oaf didn't go unnoticed at all.

You can try the $20 trick to get a better room, but I doubt that you'll be able to get the fees waived.

3. waverunner

waverunner ------VEGA$------

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just came back from Caesars yesterday (Aug.4-9). I am also a Gold card holder and was comped 5 nights. I only book comped CET rooms. In May (Rio) and again in November (Bally's), i was/am comped with no resort fees because i booked before March 1st.
    In April, i decided to book Caesars because i get one week free a month and i chose Caesars even though i would have to pay the resort fee. I also had the Forum Tower but decided to not upgrade because the room was perfectly fine and very close to the topless.....er....i mean the Garden of the Gods pools.
    The $20 sandwich is only for a possible upgrade on your room. The resort fees for Gold clients are permanent and nothing short of a miracle will get you out of it.
    But, as someone who has been going to Vegas for 30 years, paying $28 ($25+tax) a night at Caesars is awesome. That's why i book comped rooms. That's why i love the topless......er...i mean Caesars pools.
    I hope you are following the TR rate calender and looking at each hotel for comps. By looking at the rate calender you will know up to a year what you will pay with comped rooms with resort fee. $28 per night at Caesars (excluding NOBU) is the max..........then work your way down to the rest of the CET properties.
    I always stay 5 nights, my bill at Caesars upon checkout was $140, the bill can be paid with cash, cash/CC, CC. I have never stayed at Caesars before because it was never comped (i have 5 hotels comped Sun-Fri everyday), but now that Caesars gives me one week a month comped, i will be booking Caesars again in the Spring, Summer, and Fall 2014.
    Hail Caesar!!

4. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    nope only a host can wipe out those fees

5. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't mean to open up a can of worms here, but I thought comps got the fee waived?

6. hundth

hundth Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not exactly. It seems each hotel can have their own policy on this. I've stayed and had my comped nights with and with out resort fees. I'm not sure if things are the same at CET or not. I do know that with MGM properties, you can always call VIP services at the end of your stay and try to get them wiped out. Although I have not been successful with this to date.

7. pinklime

pinklime Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Comped rooms do not get resort fees waived at CET properties unless you are Diamond or 7 Stars.

8. FXT

FXT VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  9. waverunner

waverunner ------VEGA$------

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Comped rooms booked at CET hotels AFTER March 1st 2013 are charged resort fees for Gold card holders.
    Comped rooms booked BEFORE March 1st for Gold club holders are NOT charged.
    I booked Rio and Bally's BEFORE March 1st therefore i am paying NADA.
    I decided to book Caesars AFTER March 1st for a stay in August (in which i just came back). My room was comped at Caesars, however, when checking out i was given the choice of keeping the resort fee on my CC, paying cash thereby undoing my CC charge, or in my case splitting the charges with part cash and the rest on my CC.
    I knew that being a Gold member i would be charged with resort fees at Caesars even though i was comped for the week.
    I paid $28 per night for 5 nights at Caesars last week.........i paid $79 per night at La Quinta Inn (next to the empty lot which is now NYNY in 1991).
    Many people pay $140 for a meal at Caesars.........i payed $140 for a week at Caesars........and i am a lowly Gold, need i say more?

10. shamrock77

shamrock77 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm a platinum Total Rewards member and do not have to pay any resort fee.

11. pinklime

pinklime Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oops, meant to say Platinum and higher do not pay resort fees.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.