1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Oyster Bar at Palace Station

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by chess, Aug 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chess

chess VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My buddy wants to go there when we get to vegas..

Has anyone been to this place ? Ive read awesome reviews on Yelp... Just wanted to get some advice on it from VMB....

Thanks

2. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not to Hi-Jack, but everytime I hear "oyster bar" I hear the music and picture men dancing together, ala Police Academy movies. :evillaugh

3. booker

booker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My friend who owns a nice restaurant gives it stellar reviews. Every time he goes to Las Vegas, he eats there.

4. xmarksx

xmarksx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Chess, I have had oysters there several times and was never disappointed. It used to be a very good value play but they raised the prices. I always assume it does not get much attention because it is at Palace.

5. gpenguins67

gpenguins67 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went there last year. It is definitely worth the trip. Be prepared to stand in line though as there is only about 20 seats around the bar. I have heard from others that they have one person stand in line and cycle out to gamble while they wait.
    The raw oyster were big and very fresh... some of the best oysters I've ever had. I had the Pan roast and my buddy got the gumbo. They were both delicious but I preferred the pan roast. Bring your appetite b/c they are pretty big portions. You will not be disappointed.

6. westie

westie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have been there numerous times, but as mentioned above, be prepared to wait. Here are my TR notes from our last visit:

When we arrived on a Tuesday evening at around 8PM, there were only 5 other people waiting in line, but it took forever for the bar stools to turnover so we ended up waiting almost an hour for a seat and then another 30 minutes for our meal to be prepared. The usual cook took a break just as we sat down and the back-up needed to check the menu posted on the wall to determine what ingredients were to be used. We each ordered bouillabaisse which comes with rice and bread that we barely touched. Once again this was the best we have found in Las Vegas; literally loaded with seafood though the promised cod was MIA and the crab legs very small. However, the meal just was not worth the extraordinary wait. ($6, points, 4.5 Forks for the food only)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.