1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Carson street cafe

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by prodaddy, Aug 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. prodaddy

prodaddy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have not been for awhile but am staying at GN in the upcoming couple weeks.
    I have read on tripadvisor that the prices for this coffee shop are quite high, a 'normal' breakfast of meat and eggs for approx 18.00$.
    Does anyone have a confirmation of this? If thats the case, I will breaky elsewhere for much less.

2. Dogs mama

Dogs mama Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used to love their French Onion soup but I cannot bring myself to eat there ever again. And the buffet is not good, in my opinion. Just goggle Carson street cafe and cockroaches! Sorry, but it is better to be informed. As a matter of fact, if you go down a few pages, I wrote a review about it on tripadvisor.

There is supposedly a good breakfast place at I think 6th and Carson, somewhere around there, not sure, but it is called Eats and it gets good reviews. Can't attest to it because I don't eat much dairy and I don't want to walk there by myself. I've eaten lunch at the magnolia cafe in the four queens and both times like it! I'm picky!

3. Dogs mama

Dogs mama Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I do eat happy hour food at the grotto, chart house, and red sushi. Grotto has excellent pizzas from two to six mon through fri for half price and drink specials. Chart house is four to six mon through friday and red sushi, the same. You can't go wrong with the pizza, just make sure you tell them to make it crispy!

4. Gino

Gino "The King of Inappropriate."

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Go breaky elsewhere dude. I stay at the GN every trip, and I avoid two of their eateries like the plague - especially after the roach issues.. The Carson Street Cafe is disgusto and the buffet sucks donkey dicks. MSS has the best buffet diowntown, their breakfast options are awesome and fresh.

5. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used to like Carson Street Café and always got good meals at decent prices. However, it's been a few years since I've eaten there, and for good reason. And until I read a whole lot of better-sounding reviews, it's going to be a lot longer until I return. There are much better choices.

6. tatterdema

tatterdema VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Only have eaten there once, and it was many many years ago (long before the remodel). All I can say is that I was pretty sure that the waiter just went into the buffet and got my bacon and eggs.

7. ExVegasLocal

ExVegasLocal Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I last stayed at the GN in May. I did not eat at Carson Street, but did eat at the buffet. I thought it was pretty good, but wouldn't go out of my way to eat there. I can say it was waaaaaay better than the eggshell-laden omelette I had at the Paradise Buffet at the Fremont - disgusting.

The best breakfast in downtown Las Vegas IMO is at Eat at 7th and Carson. But can we keep it our little secret? :ssst:

You can view their info and menu here: http://eatdtlv.com/

8. robert m.

robert m. High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was in downtown for 7 days recently.

Ate three breakfasts at the D Grille & was very pleased!

Service was A+ all three times.

Food was very good ( basic breakfast fare ).

Bill + tip was about $15 each time, but well worth it.

My new "go to place"!

9. Oxygenator

Oxygenator Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's been a few years since I braved the Carson St, and that time it was mostly convenience. Better breakfasts for less can be found elsewhere. Even Denny's. I like the breakfast buffet at GN, better fresh fruit selection than the other buffets downtown that just open up cans and dump them into a bowl.

10. robert m.

robert m. High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Addendum: D Grille is on the second floor of The D. When you come up the inside escalator, hang a hard left and walk all the way to the back.

Open 24/7.

11. tatterdema

tatterdema VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow. Someone sits and cracks eggs into that huge vat that they scoop eggs out of?

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.