1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Stud and five card draw poker

Discussion in 'The Poker Room' started by cartoonp, Aug 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cartoonp

cartoonp Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I remember playing (not vegas) Stud and five card draw poker I much prefer playing these rather then NL or L porker do any one know of any where down town or the strip where you can play these. On A personal note I think these have more skill .

2. elrohir44

elrohir44 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You might find 7-card stud at the Bellagio or Venetian at the $15-30 level or higher. Other than that you are probably out of luck. 5-card draw is not played anywhere anymore, except in higher-stakes lowball games. The only games you are likely to find at lower stakes are Hold'em and Omaha.

3. skinny malinky

skinny malinky Low-Roller

You won't find any draw poker unless you're playing 2-7 triple draw, which would probably only be in the biggest mixed games. I doubt you'd find stud outside of HORSE, either. Maybe at the Venetian or Bellagio, but I'd be surprised. Vegas is pretty much all Hold'em or Omaha.

4. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Unfortunately I don't think any mix game actually plays single draw high really. But on Sundays at 7pm, TI runs a $3/$6 limit mix game with about a third of the games being draw variants. And we also play stud8 and Razz. Some of the draw games are lowball, but there a couple high/low split games (all triple draw based; more action for limit). Not quite the same, obviously, but they can be fairly challenging, and a lot of cheap fun (at least to me). I'll be there Sept. 8th looking to play.

A large thread detailing the game can be found here.

http://www.allvegaspoker.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=20168

The first post details the games generally played. Sometimes there are a couple added/deleted.

5. cartoonp

cartoonp Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you:nworthy:

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.