1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

FEB. 22-25; What's Going On in NV?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Jimbo338, Jul 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    SWA opened up their reservation system til March and I started looking at going sat 2-22-14 til 3-4-14. Initial price was $253 one way. Tonight trip out went up to $553! What is going on in LV that weekend.

Jimbo338

2. Scot

Scot Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is school vacation week here in NH.

3. tatterdema

tatterdema VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I dont think it is Las Vegas specific, because all the flights are the same price from SEA from Feb 18 onward. From SEA the dates that are expensive are Feb 13-17. For some reason there are not any WGA fares, only BS and AT. Thats not only for LAS, but pretty much anywhere. WN has some definate website glitches though.

4. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Most of my trips to the trade show were during school vacation here in NH...and it isn't for the entire week .......going out NH to LV Monday 2-17-14,Fri, Sat, Sun & Mon Feb. 21,22,23 & 24.

Return days from LV to NH : Sat 3-1-14 and Sun 3-2-14

Prices just came out 7-22-13 and all were $253 (high for 1 way) and then yesterday these dates went to $553 (1 way). $1,100 RT to LV is like 3 times what I have paid any year since 1997! Many of my trips have coincided with not only FEB. vacation here but Nascar weekend in LV, as well as Presidents day weekend. And these are Internet only prices! While prices vary between first coming out and departure, they have never started out this high or even went up this high. Cheapest I have ever gone round trip was $217 in 1997, $225 was my first scheduled trip last year and the most I have ever paid was $356.00.

Jimbo338

5. Scot

Scot Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have you considered flying Southwest out of Boston? You can get a round trip Saturday to Saturday flight on those dates for $255, with reasonable flight times. If transportation is an issue, you can drive to the Concord Coach Lines bus station in Concord, and take their bus into Logan. $20 each way, and plenty of free parking. I've had great luck with it in the past.

For my trip in September, I'm flying out of Boston and back home into Manchester, and taking the Concord Coach. You could consider something like that as well.

6. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's a good suggestion, Scot, and I usually check Southwest Vacation packages, and taking a bus to Boston. So far because I like specific times, it adds a lot of waiting and connection and unfortunately if I fly directly to MHT and my car is in concord I have no way to go from the airport to Concord to get my car. I thought I read something about a proposal to run a bus from Concord to airport. I had always figured they didn't cause the parking would be maxed out in Concord for long term customers. Certainly if I cannot make MHT to LV and back work out I will be looking at the Logan options as well.

Jimbo338

7. Scot

Scot Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bus service from the concord bus station the MHT started a couple weeks ago. I think it's $4 each way, and runs about every half hour.

8. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I tried RT to Phoenix and found the same thing pretty much so maybe it will change. It didn't list any WGA fares but there was a message to try the low fares option. That only listed 1 flight out and it was over 500 bucks as well. Perhaps other places may be different ot it is just a glitch in their system. Fortunately, I have plenty of time to monitor fares before my show.

Jimbo338

9. Scot

Scot Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok, it's not every half hour. My mistake. 12 trips per day. You can see the schedule at mtabus.org under the "News/Events". It is only $4, though.

10. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, Scot!

Jimbo338

11. chess

chess VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    need it to stretch to the end of march then i am all over it LOL

12. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Jimbo, I think tatterdema's right and there is something screwy either with SW's website or their inventory/scheduling for dates in Feb.

I looked over the last couple of days at various combos of dates to/from MHT and BOS in Feb., and there were several days with no Wanna Get Away fares, some where it said "Unavailable" and some where it said "Sold Out" and it's just impossible that 11 out of 12 flights on a day are sold out this far in advance.

I was able to actually book the primary dates I wanted, and at very good fares out of BOS ($165 one way and $129 the other), but ran into the above issue with my secondary dates which were later in the month.

I think you just have to wait it out, or maybe call.

13. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I initially thought it was something big going on in LV that week even though I have gone this same time for 13 years, even when NASCAR and fights were booked. Then by accident, I clicked on Providence RI instead of Manchester, NH and low and behold $129 flights, same in Boston, same in Portland maine, so it isn't a LV issue it is SWA and MHT! I can't understand Wanna Get Away flights not being available and sold out for a third of the flights and the rest being offered at $253 one way 7 months in advance!

I printed the bus schedules from Trailways in Concord to the airport inManchester and Boston, and taking a late flight and adding a day to the trip but it just adds so much time for connections and inconvenience; I guess you are right and I'll just have to wait it out. It just doesn't make sense that all the neighboring airports are unaffected.

Jimbo338

14. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, it's almost 7 months til my trip and SWA just barely opened the reservation system and there are only 4 trips to LV and three are listed as "Full" for the Wanna Get Away flights. The remaining one is the least desirable at $253. Return trip are the same. I can do Boston for BOUT $260rt BUT IT IS JUST SO inconvenient. Why NH I wonder?

Jimbo338

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.