1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Best Buffet for Value

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by ivo, Jul 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ah6tyfour

ah6tyfour High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Forgot about the requirement that the choice be on/near the strip when I recommended M.

On the strip, I would agree with Bellagio lunch being the best. It's the only "premium" buffet with a price in the low $20s (Aria is also around the same, but not as many food choices). And if you time it to enter a little before the dinner changeover, you've made out like a bandit.

2. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

Perhaps best dinner value on Strip is to enter the Bellagio just prior to the 3:30 lunch cut-off, pay $21.99 and actually get dinner.
    Even if you are only there for lunch, I'm agree with what others have said - it's still a good deal.

3. russtcb

russtcb Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    People keep telling me how good the buffet is at M. I may have to head down there next time and check it out.

4. scottydoog

scottydoog Low-Roller

Birmingham, England. But born and raised in Bonny
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    +1 for the M, excellent quality and value, especially with inclusive beer/wine, you will not be dissapointed.:beer:

5. Shjf

Shjf Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you have a rental car, one of the best buffets you'll find is at the M Resort which is south on LV Blvd. I've had dinner before at Bellagio's buffet and I swear not only is the M resort's buffet cheaper, but just as good if not better food. We'll always go out of our way to go to the M resort's buffet from now on. Lunch is $15 a person, huge huge selection, free drinks and beer. So good.

6. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Kudos to Bellagio for allowing late-lunchers to actually stay for the dinner change-over.

At MSS they actually close down lunch, then re-open again for dinner, thereby eliminating late-lunchers to stay for dinner.

BTW, I love Bellagio dinner buffet and feel there is value for what you pay. Ditto for MSS although MSS is value for a relatively low price point.

7. DerbyCityGal

DerbyCityGal Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Spice Market buffet in PH was always one of our favorites while in Vegas, but on our last trip in Jan. we didn't enjoy as usual. The food quality just wasn't what it used to be, not bad just not great. Also if you like deserts all they have is cupcakes(unless it has changed).

8. VermonterJohn

VermonterJohn Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The comments below refer only to dinner buffets. Those are the only ones the wife and I go to.

It's hard to know exactly how to define "value and quality" together. For my wife and I, the buffets at the Wynn, Caesar's Palace, Cosmo and Mandalay Bay offer the best quality on the strip. But perhaps Cravings Buffet at the Mirage might represent "value" because it's still very good but somewhat less expensive. We think we get great value when we spend $35-$45 each on the best buffets in town.

Off strip, the M resort is by far the best. Free beer and wine included with the buffet.

Additional comments:

1. We don't recommend the buffet at Bellagio. In our opinion, it has gone seriously downhill from its early years.
    2. If going to Caesar's Bacchanal buffet, prepare for long lines to get in, and then long lines at the most popular food stations.
    3. Mandalay Bay buffet is almost a hidden secret. Rarely crowded and excellent food.
    4. Haven't been to PH buffet, so can't comment on it.
    5. Almost mentioned the buffet at Paris which is good, but not at the level of the others we mentioned.

John

9. L1021

L1021 Tourist

M Resort's Lunch price ends at 2:30 p.m.

I was just at The M Resort's buffet on Monday, July 29, 2013 and the lunch price of $15.99 ends at 2:30 p.m. It is listed at the entrance to the buffet that dinner starts at 2:30 p.m.

That Monday, I arrive at 2:55 p.m. and there was already a line for the dinner buffet. I stood in that line and was seated at 4:55 p.m. The line started moving around 4 p.m. I paid the dinner price of $23.99.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2013
  10. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The best value for buffets is:
    Breakfast: MSS
    Dinner: Orleans

That said, the gf and I went out to the M to have dinner the last trip we were there...
    We ended up only paying $5 each ($10 fsp for signing up + $5 off for out of state ID)
    Id say it was worth the $5...but I can't see it being the BEST IN VEGAS...I think a lot of people are letting the free beer/wine get in the way of good solid buffet food

And take it from me...I'm a fatguy.

11. Chrisnewton

Chrisnewton High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What hotel Is M?

12. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's the name of it...M.

13. Chrisnewton

Chrisnewton High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh thanks where is it?

14. HallOfPromise

HallOfPromise Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Very south of the Strip.

Just Google Map it.

15. Chrisnewton

Chrisnewton High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lol brill

16. keno60

keno60 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    breakfast the Gold Coast is very good, omelet bar, tex-mex section, waffles, pancakes, french toast, pumpkin pancakes sometimes, great toppings including blueberries. Orleans for lunch. Both are close to strip and you can try the Palms for dinner:licklips: as some others have suggested

17. eksantirik

eksantirik High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    During my previous visits, I found buffets to be good value for money. I tried buffets at Mirage, PH, Harrah's and found them to be pretty good.

During my last visit end of June, I tried lunch buffet at Bellagio, champagne brunch at MGM, seafood buffet at Fremont and dinner buffet at Wynn. I didn't like any of them and none of them were good value for money. It helped that the first two were free via MyVegas game but still I had to get a lot done to win them.

At the swanky Wynn buffet at $42 pp, I couldn't even eat any crab leg as they were awful and foul smelling. Sushi was bad as well. Only a couple items attracted my attention, but these items could be had for less than $10 at many Vegas hotels as a special item. Bellagio buffet also sucked in many ways, it was just like an overpriced breakfast buffet. In general, I didn't feel the items were fresh at any of these four hotels. Some items were made to order and I don't have anything to say for them but these options were far in between (and I don't like to wait for food at a buffet).

I guess next trip, I'm never going for buffets.

18. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Best value for our money is always M Resort. Of course, that's largely due to the use of BOGO coupons and points. We actually haven't paid them cash for a meal in years. :D

19. schwaiguy

schwaiguy High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I found a few places in South Point, including the buffet, to be horrible. But if we don't go for Asian, we regularly hit Coronado Cafe for late night specials after the clubs. It's even better when they are cleaning, and it takes place in the Italian restaurant.

We swear by Studio B Buffet at M Resort. I believe the quality and of variety of food and rink for the price can't be matched. Prime Rib, the Italian was great last time (eggplant rolls and lobster canoli), Korean oxtail soup (tastes like pho), Cappucino, Root Beer and Cider from the barrel. My servings of each of these things would cost the same as the buffet price. I've literally seen groups pay the $15 and just drink wine. Literally, depending on the line and whether I was in the area and had time, I would go just for the cappucino.

Drive down the strip to Mandalay Bay.

Keep going until you see South point on the right.

Keep going until you See M Resort on the left.

10-20 minutes?

20. schwaiguy

schwaiguy High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can you fill me in on Red Rock for lunch. Particularly do they make custom pizzas. and are they good?

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.