1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Bottle service mid-week?

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by johnbender, Jul 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnbender

johnbender Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has anyone cashed in for bottle service at Gold or the Duece? Sitting with over 250K in LP, but I already have a comped room. Any opinions on these places? It's going to be a Tuesday or Wednesday evening...

2. Darreningreenwood

Darreningreenwood Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought about it when I was considering how to use my points on an upcoming trip. But since it's only going to be me, I'm not going to do it. Probably find a show instead.

3. CCaroleann

CCaroleann Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have tons of LP's too. I was considering getting this award also just to burn through them.

Trying to talk my 78 year old Mom into going. Strangely enough she is "boy" crazy. I told her a VIP table and bottle service may get her a hot younger man for the evening. :faint: She is still considering it.

CC

4. techie223

techie223 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm going to give it a try on 6 Aug. If that's not too far in the future, I can post a review afterwards.

5. techie223

techie223 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just hit my first glitch: called the redemption number to see about reserving a table, since I didn't want to take a chance by waiting until I arrived in Vegas. The MLife guy tells me I have to reserve through Light Group (makes sense, I guess) and transfers me there. The girl at LG tells me I have to reserve through MLife.

Call back to MLife and a different guy tells me the same thing: I have to reserve the table through LG to ensure that I have a table before getting MLife to issue the redemption slip. :grrr:

Screw it, I'll take a chance and wait until I'm in Vegas. Can't imagine Gold will be that busy on a Tuesday night. I just wish all the groups participating in this thing would get their facts straight :Þ

6. disasta

disasta Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I reserved a table at gold boutique a few weeks ago for a september date. The number on the redemption was straight to mlife and he said to just go to desk when you are there but after explaining i wanted to ensure i got a table he transferred me to light group who took my reservation. So it can be done ahead of time

7. techie223

techie223 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the info. I figured as much, but the Light Group girl I spoke to insisted that she couldn't take a reservation until I had the MLife folks start the process somehow.

Maybe I'll try again tomorrow and hope I get someone different :rolleyes2:

8. disasta

disasta Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It was actually weird when I called because he didnt seem to know that you could or couldnt reserve it in advance so when I asked well what happens if I want to redeem it the first night im in vegas and they cant accomodate me, that would suck a bit so he put me on hold then after a few minutes came back and said he would transfer me to lightgroup. The transfer never went through so he took the redemption code and my information and passed it along to them and they called me back within 3-4 minutes. I have the name of the girl I spoke to so hopefully wont have any issues when I get there.

9. jacer333

jacer333 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Also considering one of the bottle service options at Aria here...does anybody have more specifics on these? Does the comp just include one mid-shelf bottle along with mixers or does the booze keep flowing? I am guessing it is just one bottle with the comp. With that, I am thinking of buying both the Deuce and Gold comps and then using them both up in a night at the Aria. Any info on how the bottle service comps went would be appreciated! :beer:

10. johnbender

johnbender Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bottle service review

My brother and I used the bottle service for the Duece. Here's a quick review:

We approached the MLife desk with the comp, and they gave us a ticket written out for $500 that we took to the Duece. Upon arrival there (it was a Wednesday night), we were turned away due to a private party that reserved the entire venue until 11 pm. We went back to MLife to try to switch it to the Gold Lounge, but that didn't work. We gambled for a while and returned around 11:30.

The place was emptying out after the party, so there were lots of tables open. Still, we presented the coupon, and we were given a nice table with couch seating. It would have accommodated about 8 people comfortably.

Since it was just two of us, we ordered a $500 bottle of Champaign. We had two people working our table - one setting up, bringing strawberries, etc, and the hot waitress refilling our glasses. We dusted off the bottle in under an hour, and the place was almost empty when we left.

The comp covered the bottle, but we still had to pay tax ($10) and gratuity ($90). So, it ended up costing us $100 out of pocket. Overall, it was a decent experience. The Deuce is nothing special, so I'd suggest using the comp on Gold Lounge instead.

If I were to use it on the Deuce again, I'd get a group of guys together, bet on evening baseball games, and get a bottle of spirits instead. I think they open at 5:00, so it'd be a nice place to watch a game and prepare for the evening.

11. VegasKing

VegasKing High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am using a comp for the Gold Lounge next week to see if it is good.

12. pbrehob

pbrehob Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you for the review. Nice to know the dollar value of the comp.

I am considering using this reward on a future trip. I have never had bottle service. Were there any bottles in the $250 range so we could get two or is it basically going to be one bottle? I am curious about vodka or another spirit.

13. disasta

disasta Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was curious about the prices too. We are going with a few friends so my wife and I are both redeeming a reward and they are just putting us at one table but one of our friends doesnt drink much hard alcohol

14. johnbender

johnbender Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lower level spirits like Sky were around $350 or $375. Top shelf (Grey Goose) was about $450. I am not sure if mixers are included in those prices...if not, expect to pay $10 for a carafe of OJ/cranberry juice/etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.