1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Reviews: NY/NY bars

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by johnbender, Aug 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnbender

johnbender Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used comps at the Bar at Times Square ($75 - the piano bar) and Nine Fine Irishmen ($25). Here's a few notes:

The piano bar was as expected...dueling style, a few decent jokes, and people having a good time. It was a good crowd on a Monday night. We ordered a round of shots, a round of mixed drinks, and a second round of shots. It ended up costing us $10 out of pocket for the final round of shots (paying for one).

We started to think that we were being overcharged for drinks because of the comp. We were still tipping each round, but it seemed like the comp went really fast...we made note of that as we moved over to Nine Fine Irishmen.

At the door, we were told there was a $5 cover, but they waived it when we showed the comp ticket (I tipped the door guy as a thank you). We ordered three beers and were told it would be $8 cash. That was clearly an overcharge - we saw receipts on the bar that showed beers at $7.50 each. We pressed the bartender about it, and he said, "but at 3/$25, I don't get tipped". We explained that we were more than happy to tip for fast service, but we didn't appreciate being overcharged. He gave us the drinks for the comp, and we ended up tipping $5.

We really liked the place - there was a live band playing a good mix of Irish music and covers. I would definitely return, but I would also know the drink prices before I go there.

2. Matty Ice

Matty Ice High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used the NFI $50 comp in April and I had an outstanding experience. I went during happy hour and drank my Guinness for $5 a pint. The bartender was great! He even poured my last beer and charged me the happy hour price while I was still drinking my previous beer. I happily tipped $15 for the service and will definitely be back.

:beer:

3. johnbender

johnbender Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I should note that there were 3 of us in each round...so we got 5 shots and 3 mixers for the $75. The bartender was going to charge us for two shots, but we were tipping him enough that he cut it down to one.

Agree on Nine Fine Irishmen - will certainly be back there during future trips.

4. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I posted on here about my June trip and using the same COMP, we got 8 beers and were told that we used up our $75. I pressed about as we were ordering 3 at a time and according to the math I was using we should have been fine for our 9th beer. Bartender said tax put us over the limit, so we just paid for the 9th, tipped and left. I didnt enjoy the place, I like piano bars, but we were there three rounds and the guy barely sang, just kept begging for tips, it got really annoying. I much prefer the piano bar at Harrah's or Paris.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.