1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Shark Reef passes?

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by MisplacedTexan, Aug 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MisplacedTexan

MisplacedTexan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So, I'll be the first to admit -- I'm not so good with the maths and ciphering and such. I'm looking to burn some extra points on our upcoming trip and I'm looking at Shark Reef passes.

Two passes are listed at 32,500 points and a single pass is 12,500 points. If I needed two passes, is there some reason I shouldn't buy two single passes and save 7,500 points? Am I missing something here? I've looked at the descriptions and don't see any differences between the two.

2. ND80

ND80 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm pretty sure you can't purchase two of the same rewards.

3. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep and you only get 3 rewards max so that would burn 2.

4. MisplacedTexan

MisplacedTexan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ah, OK then!

5. 16gauge

16gauge Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is getting pretty rare that myVegas is offering anything for two anymore. The few things they do, they charge more than 2X the single price as it only takes one of the three rewards a person can redeem. With two myVegas accounts (one for each of you), it means five more redeemable rewards as opposed to four.

As far as the Shark Reef, we went a few years back and it was definitely not worth the $20/person admission prices. I would not pay to see this, but if you have myVegas LP's that you don't have any other need for, then that would be OK as it did not cost you anything other than time playing a game.

6. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    also you can get into the shark reef anytime for free with a certain level of Mlife card.

7. Snotick

Snotick Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sadly, the increased the price of the Shark Reef from 25k points. I was thinking about getting one for the wife and I.

It's causing me to rethink things. Especially since I just went to our zoo here in Omaha a couple of days ago and watched them feed the sharks. Not sure I'm getting anything at Mandalay Bay that I'm not getting here at home.

8. apratt0905

apratt0905 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    DON'T pay for this....use free passes if you can.

My husband and I have always wanted to go to the Shark Reef at MB but it never worked out with our time schedule. We did, however, get a chance to go recently and also had the tickets from MyVegas. My personal opinion is don't pay for it out of your pocket. It isn't that great. It needs to be renovated and its dreary and dirty. If you have been to the zoo, you have seen it all before. We didn't mind so much b/c we had free tickets - glad we never paid for it.

9. sporty8705

sporty8705 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have never been, so we went this summer. We have 5 of us and a baby who was free so we had an extra ticket and they were not offering a single pass for this.. It took a loooooooooooooong time to walk all the way back there and then inside was cramped and crowded with many people. I would not do it again. I would maybe do secret garden again as it has been about 10 years and now I have a son to do it with

10. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have enjoyed it, i went in november so there were no kids around and its was pretty quiet there

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.