1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Just booked the Luxor

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by MisplacedTexan, Jul 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MisplacedTexan

MisplacedTexan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Staying at the Luxor has always been on the wife's bucket list. Wouldn't be my first choice, but I figured cashing in some loyalty points and staying for a few bucks would be worth it. Fingers crossed, we shall see.

For those curious, I had one weekend comp room and one weekday comp room. The agent was having trouble getting the reservation in for a Saturday and Sunday night, but then ran the two reservations separately and was able to get us the dates we wanted.

2. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hope you enjoy your visit... I stayed there a few years back, in the tower, and it really wasn't bad at all... in fact i thought it was pretty nice. The check-in was an awful long line, but I had fun bouncin' between Luxor and Mandalay Bay.

3. Burt

Burt Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is one of my favorite properties. I have stayed in the whirlpool rooms multiple times.

4. DVDA

DVDA Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like the Luxor, but the constant reviews of worn out rooms keep me away. We stayed at Mandalay Bay and TheHotel the last 2 trips instead.

5. sura83

sura83 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe it's just me. We've been to Luxor on a couple occasions, once to see the Titanic exhibit and once to see Carrot Top, and I remember thinking the place had a funny smell to it.

6. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Stayed in June on a myvegas comp. We had a deluxe tower room. It was just fine, clean and comfortable. It was just as you would expect for a mid level strip room, not too big or fancy, but to too far the other way either. The check in line was long, but moved quickly, actually look at the coupon book they give you, some worthwhile coupons in it.

7. msecrist

msecrist Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We used a myvegas comp for a free night at the Luxor back in May. The Pyramid rooms are nasty & the elevators are just as bad. Try to upgrade to a tower room if possible. We stuck it out- it is Vegas, only sleep in the room a few hours. And it was only 1 night.

8. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    forgot abou the elevators, they are among the worst I have seen in LV. Small and very odd, not what you would expect. Buy hey, they worked and I had forgotten all about them, so it didnt effect our trip.

9. Flyers

Flyers Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Luxor isn't that bad. Yes, it needs some updating. But, you are not paying alot of money on the rooms. Make sure you get a tower room. They are small but not bad.

10. Slotchick

Slotchick High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Luxor Pyramid rooms are being updated and some of them are actually in better shape than some of the Tower rooms. The pyramid elevators are a scarey ride I have to admit; tower elevators are not as bad. The tower rooms are quite large (450sq ft) with a spacious bathroom (separate tub/shower). I prefer tower rooms, over the pyramid and have stayed in both... Luxor is our "home" in Vegas as we enjoy the location and staff.

Ask for an upgrade or try the $20 trick to get upgraded to the Tower rooms and if you want Wifi ask for West tower above floor 17 if you can ;) never hurts to ask.

11. Mikeman2058

Mikeman2058 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree... I stay at different properties every trip to vegas and I enjoy my Luxor stays... The rooms were clean and the dealers were very friendly...

PS check out carrot top while you are there... Was hesitant to go the first time, but after seeing it once I have been three times since with different friends. Hilarious !

12. MisplacedTexan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the feedback, everybody! We're generally downtowners and I'm always hesitant to try staying at another Strip property. Maybe Luxor will be the one we settle on! Regardless, I'm not gonna pass up two nights for $45 or whatever we end up paying.

13. travelfiend

travelfiend High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow, just reading this about your trip to Luxor and wanted to say Hi, first time I have ever seen another member from GJ, kinda cool. Are you guys driving or flying? I have yet to try Allegiant out of GJ, just always drive.

14. MisplacedTexan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, I guess I need to change my profile. We actually moved to Utah back in December. We took the Allegiant flight right after they started it, but it's always easier for us just to drive. When we drove from GJ, we'd sometimes stay in St. George just to break up the drive.

15. travelfiend

travelfiend High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is too funny, that is exactly what I did on my last minute July 4th weekend trip. Spent the night in St. George, easy trip in the morning, was playing VP by noon. :) I think I actually prefer driving as then you have flexibility of a car while there. Have a great trip and for sure let us know what you think of Luxor when you get back.

16. MisplacedTexan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I absolutely will. We did one trip without a car. Never again. My feet start throbbing just thinking about it!

17. HallOfPromise

HallOfPromise Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We booked two Luxor nights with myVEGAS as well. First timers to the place. Has anyone tried using the $20 trick to get a suite?

If so, should I go for a Tower Suite or Pyramid Suite? My girlfriend and I liked the idea of staying in the pyramid but if the rooms are showing wear and tear then we'd be happier with a Tower room.

18. anton73

anton73 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Many people have had success getting an upgrade at Luxor. My advice, book the cheapest room that fits your needs. Any upgrade just makes it a better stay.

19. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    if you get the tower room you will be fine but if you get the pyramid room maybe criss angle can make it disapare ,they are gross.

20. Slotchick

Slotchick High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Tower Luxury Suites are nice and roomy. They have a fridge and coffee maker, the bathroom is nice and spacious. The Pyramid Suites are nice and roomy but do not have a fridge, I can't remember if they had a coffee maker been years since I stayed in one but I remember they have bathtubs. I believe the Pyramid has no tubs at all and all the tower rooms have separate tub/showers (if that matters).

The pyramid is being updated (too bad they aren't updating the inclinators too! they feel rickety) so the rooms will have had a face lift and look refreshed.

The $20 trick will definitely depend on the day and if any of their higher players are coming into town. Never hurts to try it, all they can say is "sorry we don't have any at this time".

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.