1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Hello from England

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by Raspberry Pie, Aug 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raspberry Pie

Raspberry Pie Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello from England. I am hoping to visit Las Vegas next June ans take in a baseball game somewhere as well - any advice on where I can see a baseball game not too far from Vegas, don't really want to have to hire a car of poss.

I love MLB but would settle for some minor league if no MLB nearby.

Thanks and great forum!

RP

2. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome to the board!!

3. mganut

mganut Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome to the board.

I am sure that some of our members may have some ideas as to baseball in the area.

4. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome.

Las Vegas has a triple A team, the Las Vegas 51's. If you aren't familiar, triple A is the top level of minor league ball, one step below MLB. It's quality baseball. The park isn't too far from downtown. I doubt a rental would be necessary, I'm sure a cab can get you there and back.

If you want the big leagues, you'll have to head to LA (or Phoenix). Both would certainly require a car rental (or plane/bus/train ticket) and an overnight stay unless you're a glutton for punishment.

Best of luck! :thumbsup:

5. Raspberry Pie

Raspberry Pie Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Baseball - WooHoo!

Thanks so much! Las Vegas it is then! I am so excited now, can't wait to finally see a match live :licklips:

6. gotavegasjones

gotavegasjones VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome to the board. Lots of baseball in the region. The Las Vegas 51's right in town. The Los Angeles Dodgers, Los Angeles Angels, San Francisco Giants, Oakland A's and the San Diego Padres are all short flights away from Vegas. Going to see the Seattle Mariners or the Colorado Rockies would be longer flights. Check out the MLB schedule when its released this coming Winter. Maybe there will be a great series to catch in one of those cities when you're in America next June. Happy planning.

later, GVJ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.