1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

The Plan for Vegas Annual Trip 2013

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by LushLife, Apr 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LushLife

LushLife Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Here's the plan for 2013. This is my first double digit vegas trip aka trip number 10.

I'll be updating my twitter handle with live trip updates, so follow me THELUSHLLFE (TWO L's in Life)

People:
    ME - male, 26 yo
    C - my fiancee (we met in Vegas last year) (female, 23 yo)
    Al - my good friend from High school (male, 26 yo
    Al's GF - AH's girlfriend (female, 24 yo)
    AF - my good friend from college (male, 26 yo)
    AF's GF - AF's girlfriend (went to college with us) (female 23 yo)
    Mom - my mom (58 yo, female)
    Dad - my dad (60 yo, male)

Al and I have been going to Vegas with Mom and Dad for years, AF has been with us a few times, but since we're all taken we decided to go as couples for the first time ever.

C and I met in Vegas last summer and have been engaged since November, and are getting married next March. She recently moved in as she lived in the Mid-West.

Flight is booked (Southwest), Hotel is booked (M Resort and Time Share), parking at the airport is reserved. And I'm about 60% packed so far as of 7/30

Here's the plan

Three days... from now at 2pm ET, C and I will be leaving in the airport.

Friday:
    We're about thirty minutes out from airport off site parking. We'll park and board the shuttle to the airport. We have ample time to check our bags. We should be through the bag check by 3:10pm. We're then going to one of my traditions, a beer or two pre-security at DuClaw Microbrewery/restaurant at the airport. It's right outside of security at BWI, so we'll be doing these festivities. Fortunately my buddy AF and his gf were able to book the same flight, so we're going to all arrive a bit early and join in the fun. Al is coming to join us too despite his flight not being until 7:30 on Spirit Air (i know we wish him good luck). We're jumping on the 6:20 non-stop flight to Vegas. I know we at least have 8 drink coupons between the four of us, so we'll be set for a gin and something when we first get drinks, and one over the Grand Canyon.

I have a five hour flight, so I'm trying to stock up on movies, tv shows and find my dammed splitter for my headphones so C and I can watch a movie. I'll probably nap too, due to us landing at 8:40 pm and trying to act like it doesn't feel like 11:40, and enjoy this first night in Vegas. Actually it's the flight time I prefer, because I can do a little partying, and get in a good night's sleep before the first real day in Vegas.

Ok sorry if I'm dragging on. Upon arrival, we need to get our stuff and jump on the last M resort shuttle at 9:30 from ground zero (which I missed in 2011 when I was at the wrong place). I know there's entertainment at the Hostile Grape until 11, so we'll check in to the room, AF and I will grab a beer at the beer bar (not wine drinkers), and go relax and let the girls sip on some wine. We each booked strip-view rooms, last year I was desert view and I thought a look at the distant strip would be quite cool for only 20-30 bucks more.

(Al is staying downtown at the California, but he's renting a car, so when he arrives he's driving to the California, then headed back in the morning to the airport to drop off the car, and take the M resort shuttle to the M to meet us for breakfast in the AM.Al's GF isn't coming until Tuesday evening)

Saturday:
    Waking up at about 8:30am and getting ready to head down to breakfast at HHAGG. We've all been there (well us guys). Al should be there by then and we will then go get changed, pack up, and check out. We'll check our luggage with the valet, and go by the pool until Mom and Dad arrive later that afternoon around 3 to pick us up to take us to the time share.

That's about as far as I've planned and about as far as I like to. I think we might be seeing the Dirty Heads and the Expendibles at the Hard Rock pool on Saturday night, but we're going to see how we feel and play-it-by-ear.

I'll be updating my twitter handle with live trip updates, so follow me THELUSHLLFE (TWO L's in Life)

Last edited: Jul 30, 2013
  2. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are you saying all those people are in a one bedroom????:wink2:

We are the opposite, we like to get to Vegas as early as possible to get in a full day which is why we leave first thing in the morning. It would be hard waiting all day for the evening flight.

Enjoy your trip and good luck. :thumbsup:

3. Pattie

Pattie Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey LushLife,

I live north of Baltimore so we are sort of neighbors. Well, at least we live in neighboring counties! Congratulations on your impending marriage! We, like LV_Bound, like to have our first day in Vegas be an all day event so we take the first non-stop out of BWI when we go. There is nothing quite like drinking bubbly in a limo at 9AM!

Personally, I love to hear about other people's plans, I get great ideas and learn so much so please, discuss away!

4. LushLife

LushLife Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oops that wasn't clear. We have a three bedroom and a living room for everyone haha

Howdy neighbor! I would like to go earlier in the day on Friday, but I have to work, (maybe I'll hit it big this time lol). Normally we fly out at this time, so I go to DuClaw at BWI outside of security (micro brew pub) and have a Serum (imperial IPA 9%), then go through security and I'm feeling good already for the flight!

Thanks folks! I'll provide updates. I too like to read other people's trips. It excites me for my trip, and helps feed the hunger until the trip!

5. techie223

techie223 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I enjoy reading about everyone's plans. Gives me a few ideas, so thanks for posting.

I'm going for the same dates. A little worried about the heat at that time of year, but i guess that's what the pool and AC is for. Have a great trip :beer:

6. LushLife

LushLife Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    edited the original part.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2013
  7. LushLife

LushLife Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Updated the original trip report on 7/30/13 please read!

8. LushLife

LushLife Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Today is the day! I get off work at 2 and then head to the airport!!! Can't wait

9. techie223

techie223 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Right behind you!!!

Have a great trip :beer:

10. VegasDave

VegasDave Addicted

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow! You really planned that out in advanced, I'm the same way, sometimes start booking and reserving 8 months ahead of time! I don't have twitter but I found you and want to watch the craziness unfold! Good Luck making it through today to your plane flight and landing in the meca

I will be there in a month and need some motivation to not go crazy, quit my job tomorrow and head out so give me some good stuff! Gotta keep getting paid until the day comes! And definitely after I get back that paycheck will be nice...

11. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No Twitter here, so just keep posting to VMB.

12. LushLife

LushLife Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll do my best to update here, at least twitter is quick and I can remember what day I did things. Since I'll be there a week the days run together!

I'm jumping up and down in my head ready to go. I'm 99% packed and I'm working from home until 2 today. Time is going SOOOO SLOW!

13. VegasDave

VegasDave Addicted

Trips to Las Vegas:
    WE KNOW YOU ARE THERE! lol SEND UPDATES!

We have spies

14. jokerswild

jokerswild Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just Back

just back from Vegas ,had a great time ,a little warm ,,,but what the hell! I'm close to you ,up here in Frederick. Been going to Vegas since 83 and seen lots of changes ,but always ready to go back:beer:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.