1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Best use of food and beverage credit at Aria?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by notbutter, Aug 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. notbutter

notbutter Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a $100 food and beverage credit to use over a two-day period. I will be a solo traveler. I do enjoy good food, but I want to maximize my value at the same time. Will that $100 cover my F&B for two days? I figure I'll be there for about five meals (arriving mid-afternoon on day 1, checkout late morning on day 3). The credit is valid at Aria, but not at Crystals. I'm willing to go over $100 for the two days, but not too much over, unless it's really special.

I've looked at menus of the Aria restaurants. I'm okay with doing happy hour food for dinner. Tentative plan is happy hour on day 1, late breakfast (stretching into early lunch) buffet on day 2, happy hour dinner on day 2, breakfast buffet on day 3. Will that take me to $100? I'm a light drinker--maybe one drink with dinner. Are there any particular restaurants or dishes that you particularly recommend or do not recommend?

I'm not into pools, so no expensive poolside drinks for me. If there is any money left over, I could be enticed into buying something at Jean Phillippe. :)

I might do the lunch special at Milos instead of the late breakfast buffet on day 2. I realize that's not a great tradeoff from a quantity perspective, but the Milos lunch is supposed to be an excellent value.

2. bardolator

bardolator Lifelong Low Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You'll need to be creative for sure. My Aria breakfast bill ran close to 20 bucks per person.

Our friends had food credits to use and wanted us to eat dinner there. We had to pass.

3. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Aria is an expensive place. but I don't know what the buffet costs, so maybe you can do 4 or 5 of them for $100?

4. TequilaCat

TequilaCat Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If that is enough food for you, and that is what you want to do, then I say go for it. Go back to the Aria site and price out what you would want to eat at the HHs for those dinners, and determine your approx cost, then add in the cost of the breakfast buffet x2 (18.99 ea for breakfast - assuming M-F). You should be able to get a good idea of what you would spend, don't forget to factor in tax and tip.

We are headed out this month and have $50 a day for 3 days, we are planning on doing 2 room service breakfasts and one dinner at Julian Serrano (we realize that we will go over our $50 at Julian Serrano, but that's ok). But we aren't trying to keep our entire food budget to $50 per day.

I too have heard great things about the Milos lunch special at Cosmo. That would also give you a little more credit to use for your HH dinners :)

5. undathesea

undathesea Grandissimo

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, Milos isn't at Aria, so that won't dent your $100 food and beverage credit at Aria.

Personally, I'm a big fan of Cafe Vettro for breakfast and lunch. The food has always been great and the service is wonderful too.

I have eaten at Serranos and Javier's. Both were excellent, but since I'm from Texas, I'd gravitate toward eating at Javier's again. I don't like the location of Serrano's too.

I don't think you'll have trouble burning through your $100, though. Especially if you're planning to eat 4 or 5 meals there.

I'm pretty sure I'd burn through that $100 in 3 meals if I wasn't drinking and 2 meals if I was.

6. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am not sure your $100 will stretch as far as you would like it to, but the happy hour at Amercan Fish is excellent and low priced for what it is. Certainly you could make an early dinner out of that and not feel like you are sacrificing.

7. numeno

numeno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  8. notbutter

notbutter Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was already considering the American Fish happy hour, but it's a definite after the comments here. The Julian Serrano happy hour also looks good, though I haven't read as many comments on it here at VMB and other places.

9. xmarksx

xmarksx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    +1 on Underthesea's recommendation of Café Vettro. We had a great breakfast there, zero wait time for a table and outstanding service. The carrot cake pancakes are the best I have ever had.

10. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It will be tough to stretch $100 for 5 meals anywhere on the strip except food courts.

11. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Julian Serrano is excellent, but the recently introduced happy hour menu is very limited.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.