1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Pools??

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by sweetcanadian, Jul 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sweetcanadian

sweetcanadian High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have new york new york booked right now but after reading through so many say the pool sucks.

We are going in april, will be at tropicana on 2 night comp stay first then 3 more days somewhere else, tropicana is too high for me for the other 3 nights. I was thinking -50 before resort fee but now i am in the mindset of under 100 with resort fee.

We are a couple in our 30's and not into the super hard core party mode but i do like a good pool. I tend to change my mind a lot and book a few places before fully deciding so this is why i am asking here.

thanks

2. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yikes, if Trop is too expensive for your tastes, then I'm not sure where you will be able to upgrade to with a good pool. So, not certain what your budget is, but I would say the better pools on the cheaper end of the spectrum are Flamingo and Monte Carlo.

Haven't stayed at a CET property recently, so someone else can opine more accurately than me, but you may be able to get into any CET pool as long as you are staying at one of their hotels. if that is the case, you could stay for cheap at Ballys and then walk across the street to Caesars Palace and use the pool. Good luck!

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
  3. sweetcanadian

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is monte carlo better than excalibur??? I usually pay way more than 100 a night for hotel rooms but i want to go to the grand canyon this trip too so that is what is going to have to be cut budget wise to squeeze it all in. We can just do more if we pay less.

I am now thinking excalibur or monte carlo, flamingo looks a little young in terms of the people???

4. ivo

ivo Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think many hotels offer local access to their pools for a fee. I believe I read that the Golden Nugget can be accessed for $20 per person(expensive, I know), and I think the Monte Carlo can be accessed for $10(?) per person. Try contacting the hotels directly if you can't find that information on their respective websites.

5. hundth

hundth Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I (age 29) don't think that the crowd would be to young at the Flamingo. They also have an adult pool area that would be worth considering.

6. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never been to the pool at Excalibur, but I imagine MC is better. MC is superior in every other way. Can't imagine the pool would be any different

The plans have changed
  7. BethChicago

BethChicago Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mandalay Bay or Groupon to Paris

Love love love the Mandalay Bay pool "complex" - lazy river, "beach," wave pool, etc. If you are a pool lover, worth it for a couple of days/nights.

Or I just saw a Groupon to the Paris pool - $20 for entrance for non-Paris guests and that includes 2 drinks. I hear it is unspectacular concerning the "features" but big... and in the shadow of the Eiffel Tower, so kinda cool in that respect.

8. waverunner

waverunner ------VEGA$------

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The pool at Excalibur is filled with pee.........the Monte Carlo pool is filled with H20.
    The Flamingo pool is filled with alcohol.

9. sweetcanadian

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LOL nice analogy

10. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would avoid the paris pool. They would have to pay me $20 to go there! Its just a big hexagon with a few lounge chairs around it. It has no amenities, no vibe, and nothing to make it interesting. I mean, if you want a large Motel 6 style pool, then go for it. But the uniqueness of Vegas pools is one of the draws. Paris has one of the most boring on the strip

The plans have changed
  11. anton73

anton73 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mandalay Bay is easily my favorite pool in Vegas, but Luxor is also pretty nice for the money

12. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never been a fan of the Luxor pool. Still better than NYNY, but I always felt it was kind of blah

The plans have changed
  13. Geniet

Geniet Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My husband & I are in our mid-30s and we love a day poolside on our Vegas trips!

We enjoyed the pool and swim-up blackjack at the Trop. Not too much excitement to be had; as much as they have tried the hotel is still most popular with the older generation.

The Adult Pool at Flamingo is a good time if you want to party and they have poolside blackjack. The other pools are really nice too but overrun with kids. Still, if you're looking for a good pool on the cheap Flamingo is your best budget choice IMHO.

14. ButterflyMtn

ButterflyMtn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Flamingo pool is awesome and have heard MC pool is fun too...they've had my fav vegas DJ there this summer. Search for pool parties on here and google and I'm sure you'll find something

15. sweetcanadian

Trips to Las Vegas:
    thanks for the tips peeps. I will keep building my vegas points and see if that affords me a stay at a nicer place.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.