1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

SWA 89 min delay got us $100

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Joe, Jul 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We flew last Saturday and the flight was delayed a total of 89 minutes. First they said the FAs were delayed, then they closed the door and before pushback, the pilot comes on and says they are getting a full lavatory indicator. Now they have to pump the rear bathrooms. Better than the alternative, I guess:nono:

Anyway, I called SWA today and complained and they gave us each $50 in vouchers. It pays to complain and it didn't take much complaining!

2. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    my wife and I each got 25k miles for complaining about a few issues we had on a flight to Europe last summer. it definitely pays to call up or email and let them know when you're not happy about something. they will usually do things for you.

3. ValerieJo

ValerieJo High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We had an issue with American Airlines in March flying back from San Juan. Flight was delayed about 2 hours, plus they forgot to put our luggage on the plane from stop in Miami (We got it delivered to our home the next day).

I wrote an email to them and we got a $600 voucher which pays for one of our flights to San Juan next spring :)

It was the first time I've ever complained about service from anywhere. It was worth it.

4. sandman748

sandman748 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd be delighted to get anything. We always fly Allegiant, and while we normally dont have issues, our last flight was delayed four hours. When we arrived at the airport an hour prior to take-off we were told our plane still hadn't even left Vegas. Our arrival time was supposed to be 7pm and we landed at 11:40pm.

For compensation, we got a half a can of soda on the plane and a "tough s@#t" when we tried complaining to customer service.

5. shifter

Trips to Las Vegas:
    if it's weather related, you won't get anything. only if it's their fault they will compensate you.

6. Bernie2

Bernie2 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sandman, I do feel your pain. It will get better with time.

7. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    joe and shifter (and others), I was wondering, when you called or emailed, how did you handle the the problem? did you just state the incident or did you ask for some compensation? any other "nice" things or "threats" when you handled it? Some people mention about getting good service previously or disappointment in service, others "threaten" about going elsewhere with their business, I was wondering what some of you used to get compensated for your inconvenience.

I always wonder how to handle such situations, many times the airlines would handle it themselves (esp with delays) at the time by giving out vouchers or credits due to the problem, but I wondered what to do or say or write when I have to complain about service or something.

sandman, unfortunately allegiant isn't the greatest airline and has had regular problems, many flights to/from hawaii are regularly delayed, some even cancelled so many of us shy away from allegiant and go with the bigger carriers. Unfortunately, even hawaiian air lately has experienced delay or problems so it would be good to know what to do/say to them to complain about service.

8. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was polite and just said we had an hour and half delay and could I get some compensation for that because it was a big inconvenience.

Keyboard tapping and she offered the $50 each. I was good with that so I didn't make a stink about it. I understand sh*t happens at times.

Before I called, I did look up FAA rules and was surprised to find out that the airlines are under no federal obligation to provide any compensation for a flight delay, even if it is not weather related.

Nothing to do with my situation, but on a flight in April, my brother volunteered for a bump and they gave him and his wife $400 each in vouchers. He was supposed to get on a one hour later, non-stop to Vegas.

Then they overbooked that flight and him and his wife were booked on a flight with a stop in Phoenix. They gave both of them another $400!

They arrived in Vegas 2.5 hours later than the original scheduled time and got $800 each in vouchers!!:thumbsup:

9. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know people who fly and look forward to these offers as they will always jump on them.

10. shifter

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I didn't threaten anything. I just explained the issue and said it was unacceptable and we were disappointed. they offered the compensation.

11. Smo

Smo Mr. Las Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Apparently you are not a regular flier with Allegiant! This is all way to common for them to have outbound flights from Vegas delayed one, two, or three or more hours!

You can't complain to Allegiant, they don't even care! :nono:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.