1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Anyone tried to get an upgrade on the new room comps?

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by sandman748, Jul 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sandman748

sandman748 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just wondering if anyone has had any success upgrading from the basic rooms that myvegas is awarding.

I'd even be willing to pay the difference in price. Just not sure if they allow it or not.

2. HallOfPromise

HallOfPromise Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I dont see why they wouldn't. I'm not sure but it seems odd to turn down more business.

I plan on using the $20 trick on my upcoming bookings. I've been successful with it thus far.

3. russtcb

russtcb Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Same here. I always book online then use the $20 trick, so I'm gonna do the same with my first myvegas redemption.

4. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't tried, but it can't hurt... but make sure you are happy with what you have or don't book it.

5. WallyBoag

WallyBoag Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just checked into the Aria on a two night MyVegas comp and Tatiana was stone cold at the check in desk. She wouldn't respond to my small talk, and when I asked about upgrading she said "Since you are booked on a MyVegas comp you cannot upgrade your room. You would have to pay the full price for the corner suite." I said, "Oh, that's too bad. Well, hopefully you can find me a nice room anyways..." and flashed a $20. She gave me a regular room on the sixth floor. I did not give her the $20.

6. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Aria doesn't give upgrades that often anyways... honestly it all depends who you get at the desk and if anything is available. I don't think they care how you booked.

7. numeno

numeno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is possible to get an upgrade, however it is only possible on the day of checkin. They are unable to upgrade you immediately or even tell you how much the upgrade will be.

We tried to get the Aria midweek comp. It booked fine, but we required a Queen room. The odds we could get it on the day we were going was probably good, but they couldn't gaurentee the room or couldn't tell us how much it would be if it was available. It would be based on the price at the time of checkin.

8. SBTX

SBTX Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was able to upgrade at the Luxor but was traveling with a group and I had 2 other paid for rooms. All 3 rooms were booked in Deluxe Pyramid (lowest quality room) and all 3 were upgraded to West Tower with mine being a suite. No $20 trick necessary.

I booked 2 rooms for 3 nights originally through a third party. But then we needed a third room so I used myVegas to get it (for just 2 nights). The desk agent was reluctant to upgrade the room and pointed out that it was redeemed through myVegas but she ended up doing it. I didn't check in to the myVegas room until the second day so maybe that influenced the desk agent knowing that the rest of the group was already in the West Tower.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.