1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

So is Bacchanal at Caesars now the best buffet?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by meyers67, Jun 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChickenBone Jones

ChickenBone Jones Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In my limited experience combining quality, selection, and value:
    1) Cravings
    2) Wynn
    3) Palms
    4) Aria
    742) MGM

2. billduhcat

billduhcat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My favorites:
    Cosmo for lunch or dinner
    Bellagio for lunch
    Wynn for lunch (haven't eaten dinner)

Not bad:
    Aria for breakfast
    P-ho for dinner

Meh:
    M Resort for lunch -- not bad, but didn't wow me
    Caesars for dinner -- I waited how long for meh?

3. Capn12

Capn12 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We usually only hit buffets for brunch, saving the nicer meals for dinner. There are really only 4 places we go to buffets anymore. For us, it is:

1a) Wicked Spoon at the Cosmo
    1b) Baccanal Buffet at Caesars
    2) Wynn Buffet at Wyncore
    3) Bellagio Buffet

4. keno60

keno60 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    1. Bacchannal- because of the overall quality, Peking Duck that is still crispy
    as an example.
    2.Bellagio- Very close, high quality and choices. Have eaten there many times.
    3. Wicked Spoon-Very creative, but carving station lacks quality and variety.
    ps. My sister loved it.
    4. Aria- half lobster, and wine.
    5. Wynn- Asian spices on rack of lamb a real turnoff for me. Very good, but nothing special to justify the higher price compared to the Bellagio.

Sterling Brunch- is the king but the price is kingly. Splurged on this with youngest son, knew I would get my money's worth with him. As you all know these are personal and it depends on your own taste. Buon Appetito

5. VermonterJohn

VermonterJohn Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One's opinion of any given buffet is likely to be greatly affected by the length of the lines to get in, and the wait time to get favorite items on the buffet.

My wife and I carefully plan the timing of our visits to Las Vegas to the less busy times, and we do mostly dinner buffets, timing our arrival at what past experience has shown to be the least busy time - usually 4-5pm.

Our top 5 favorites are:

1. Wynn
    2. M Resort
    3. Wicked Spoon at Cosmo
    4. Mandalay Bay
    5. Cravings at Mirage

Sidenotes:

We have not yet tried Aria.

Caesar's Bacchanal gets bumped out of top 5 because of poor layout (long lines to get most popular items)

Bellagio used to be a favorite, but has really gone downhill over the past few years.

Paris earns Honorable Mention.

John

6. evinrude

evinrude Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Unless Mirage has REALLY stepped up its game in the past few years, I'm surprised at the Love (get it? Love?) it's getting here. After several attempts, it got to the point where I'll only eat there if it's comped.

We're big fans of Bellagio's buffet.
    Spice Market a little underwhelming.
    Wynn was good, but not a great value. A little pricey for the quality.
    We used to very much like Paris buffet, but it too has gone downhill.

Looking forward to trying Cosmo buffet next trip.

7. scottydoog

scottydoog Low-Roller

Birmingham, England. But born and raised in Bonny
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    It depends which meal you are talking about, I don't think any one buffet can be good for brekky, lunch, and dinner, especially when you factor in price, hassle of waiting in long lines, are drinks ( beer, wine ) included etc.

Buffets are a personal thing really, some people don't like the high end seafood stuff, so it is not worth paying a premium for that for some people.

You will see by the top five/ten lists in previous posts, that there are not 2 the same, but the same ones appear in various positions in most lists.

So is bacchanal the best buffet?? some say yeh, some say neh, all you can do is try it for yourself, then make judgement.

8. I Love Second Grade!

I Love Second Grade! Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My favorite buffet in Las Vegas is at the M Resort. I stayed there for two nights in June. On different occasions I tried breakfast, lunch and dinner. The longest I had to wait was about 20 minutes but that was at about 6:30 pm, the prime dinner hour.
    I was most impressed with the desserts. They had little chocolate souffles and wonderful coconut macaroons.
    Red Rock Resort and Green Valley Ranch have nice buffets that are not expensive. I noticed that the lines at Red Rock are much longer than at Green Valley Ranch.
    My second favorite buffet at a low price is the one at the Orleans. Once again, I've gone to this buffet many times at breakfast, lunch and dinner. In the last year the food quality has improved a lot. They have delicious fried chicken and homemade soup. When I had dinner there in June they had one of the best clam chowders I've ever had. The waitress said that they made it at the neighboring restaurant Big Al's Oyster bar.
    My only grip with buffets is that they open at 8:00am. I'm an early bird on Hawaii time so that practically feels like lunch!
    Aloha,
    Jennifer

9. vegasnut

vegasnut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes

Yes i think the bacchanal reached first place
    I recently checked it out again and although they reduced the price( from 50 to 40$) its still expensive but defenitely worth it
    The overall choice in food and food itself is just amazing and of high quality
    And yes it is crowded( because its so populair and good)
    I saw a really big line( good im diamond so it didnt bother me but if ur not i can understand not to do this waiting for more than an houre in line)
    As im spoiled i dont do buffets anymore but here just a reminder of the 5 best buffets in vegas
    1 bacchanal(caesars)
    2 bellagio( breakfast/brunch)
    3 wynn(breakfast brunch)
    4 spicemarket Planet Hollywood( diner)
    5 rio worldbuffet(diner)

Enjoy

10. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Haha, u dont do buffets anymore but u recently ate at bacchanal? The reason for this is that u are spoiled but still rank Rio and PH buffet in the top 5? Hmm im confused, is this entire post written by the same person?

11. vegasnut

vegasnut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well the only buffets i have done this year is twice the bacchanal and one at the rio
    And yes ph is certainly very good( did it last year)
    Main reasin is that buffets you eat too much
    As bacchanal is excellent i made an exception to do it again as it is just very good

12. Starz22

Starz22 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ate at Caesar's bacchanal buffet in June. Waited in line for over an hour...then waited to be seated...then waited yet again for the seafood line. After 2 hours of waiting to finally be seated and to get food ...the food...once I got to it was very good. The seafood line was very long and not so much needed. I got the seafood salads...sea bass ..shooters...jumbo chilled shrimp was great...crab legs heated or cold was a very long line. Asking for salt and pepper shakers was like a no no...But the waiter did bring a set. The sliders were awesome. This buffet did have great tasting food...but the wait was blaaaa..

I won't fight to go back...it was a once time thing.

The Rio seafood buffet will get my money...they seem to appreciate my time and money.

13. bswim

bswim High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My niece was in Vegas a couple weeks ago for her first time. Told her and her hubby to go to Wicked Spoon or Bellagio or Bacchanal for her birthday and I'd pay for it.
    They ended up going to Wicked Spoon, good I wanted a recent review of the place anyways. :)
    She said it was horrible, there wasn't a single thing that they wanted to go back and get more of. It all tasted the same, bland, nothing. She said the Bellagio Lunch buffet and the Mandalay dinner buffet were WAY better. She said it all looked amazing but tasted like crap.

She's not a picky eater and felt horrible that I might think she didn't appreciate my offer.

I don't know if Wicked Spoon was having an off day or maybe it's headed downhill?

14. Username

Username VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  15. Mitkraft

Mitkraft VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I only recently learned of this buffet and was reading about it the other day. It sounds AWESOME! I'm all for any buffet where I can get lobster and caviar! Does anyone know if you can do it with a buffet of buffets pass and if so how much the upcharge is?

16. trentino

trentino Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We had Dinner last night and for more than $50 p.p it wasn't that good! We thought it was incl. Champagne but we only got Beverages. The food was not better than at any other top ranked Buffets. Tonight I'll try Wynn, Aria or Bellagio.

17. archmere

archmere Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    buffets

been going to vegas since 1992/93. think the buffets were much better in the 90's early 2000's. lot of cut backs these day. we usually go to one during our trip,the last in 2011 was the wynn. overpriced for the food quality/desserts were great though. always liked the paris but they stopped serving the ban cut crab legs a few yrs ago. stayed at the rio twice not a fan of either buffet.

try something new in sept i guess.

but i agree this topic is very subjective to what we all like or dislike.

18. jgxtrav1

jgxtrav1 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bally's "Sterling Brunch" is NOT included with the Buffet of Buffets pass.

19. Username

Username VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    NO you cannot use the buffet pass and remember this is only available on SUNDAYS......but if the price has you shocked look at it this way....for a LOT less you are basically getting a "tasting menu" with GREAT all you can drink champagne included. Can't beat that deal anywhere on the strip or off it for that matter.

20. Yall

Yall Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Man, I'm gonna miss the first quarter of football on Sunday Funday. That buffet looks incredible!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.