1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

$80 round trip from MSP and comp'd at MSS at the end of Oct

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by mjamesp, Jul 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mjamesp

mjamesp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a trip with the wife, Mom, Brother and Sister Aug 8 - 12.

Should I book the flight now and work to justify with the wife as opportunity comes about. Worst case is I'm out the $80.

A little background, we have 3 kids 9, 11 and 14. All will be in school and the dates are mid-week. This would be first solo trip since I won a seat to the WSOP in 2005.

On the plus side she's working out a cruise with her Dad and her three sisters sometime this winter. On the down side the flights are with Spirit.

2. Buddha

Buddha VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't see a problem, unless there are conflicts at home. Book it !!

Not sure how many nights your planning, but if you can get by with one duffle bag, you can cut the Spirit baggage costs.

3. Blonde_4_ever

Blonde_4_ever LasVegas4ever.com

Trips to Las Vegas:
  4. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow! I've never flown Spirit but did go look at the fees. That is amazing. 41# is considered overweight. I've never seen a list of fees that long.

I'll stick with SWA.

5. mjamesp

mjamesp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For a couple of days in Vegas I can live out of a duffle bag that fits under the seat. I figured out a couple of angles that might work with the family situation.

1. Work out a trip with the 3 brother-in-laws. How can she not see the up side in me spending quality time with her side of the family.

2. I host a weekly poker league in the garage Sept - May. Poker league trip has been something we've talked about.

6. saintpauljeff

saintpauljeff VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    let us know how that goes; I've been tempted to fly Spirit because we fly out of a top 3 most expensive airport, however, I don't know how long of a flight I could stand with them

7. merlin

merlin MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How do they know if you store the bag under your seat(no fee) or in the overhead compartment(fee)?

8. ItsJustMe

ItsJustMe Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Haven't flown with them but I'm thinking when you pay they'll attach some kind of tag onto the bag.

Hawaiian Airlines does this sometimes when they check the weight of your carry-on during check-in (only seen this happen a few times).

9. ItsJustMe

ItsJustMe Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So what the heck is the Unintended Consequences of DOT Regulations Fee? :eek: $2.00 per customer each way.

10. lostfido

lostfido I push my fingers into my eyes

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are going September 12-16 out of MSP and I got my SW tickets for $211 round trip.
    I use "Airfarewatchdog" and got an alert-----went to computer and booked for the wife and I. Called our friends to tell them and 20 minutes later the price had jumped to $270, so you have to be fast but the dog has worked well for me on trips to Vegas and Tampa.

11. gambler

gambler VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't know if Spirits' the same but when we flew Allegiant, those [STRIKE]cheapskates[/STRIKE] thrifty people like me that didn't pay for carry on but put it under the seat, were boarded last. The flight attendants closed all the overhead bins before we boarded so it would be noticed if your luggage didn't fit under the seat.

12. merlin

merlin MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow, them cold blooded bastards, I might fly them just for the satisfaction of not giving them a dime in extra revenue.

13. saintpauljeff

saintpauljeff VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd be excited to see that $270 fare too; last few times I've flown destinations other than Vegas its been in the $500+ range. Vegas is one of those few destinations with "lower" fares originating from MSP because it actually has route competition

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.