1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Sushi Buffet?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Annie Vegas, Jul 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Annie Vegas

Annie Vegas Low-Roller

My son lived in Vegas a few years and said there used to be (or still is?) a great sushi buffet near Planet Hollywood, possibly on Harmon (?0. He said it was a huge buffet. Does anyone know the name of it or if there is another comparable one like it?

2. Bthuring

Bthuring Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's called Todai. Never been, but walk by it all the time. There's a row of restaurants in that area of The Miracle Mile.

3. Annie Vegas

Annie Vegas Low-Roller

Thanks so much!

4. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Todai is a chain. (not making a judgement :wink2:) Here is their website: http://www.todai.com/new_todai/index.php

You'll find the usual rolls served buffet style along with some hot non-sushi items for those who are squeamish. But because it's all produced in big batches, I've never found the sushi to be that spectacular.

That does NOT mean I don't recommend the place. If you want a spectacular sushi experience, you can find that in Vegas too. But this is a great option for a bunch of people with different tastes who have a budget.

My husband just reminded me that the one in Seattle has a deal where on your birthday, with ID, you get in free. I had to go look and see what Vegas' policy is:

Still not a bad deal if you're in town for your birthday.

5. ah6tyfour

ah6tyfour High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Todai is pretty overpriced and a pretty bad chain in general. The Vegas location is especially mediocre for some reason. I've eaten there twice a few years apart and nothing was good or fresh.

The better sushi buffets are off the strip.
    Sushi House Goyamon is the most popular and the one I frequent.
    Sushi Mon in Summerlin is also good
    Kaya is another local favorite.

Of the three, I always choose Goyamon.

The best part is that everything is made to order. You order all you want and the waitresses bring it to you. Don't miss Goyamon's amazing pork belly or their excellent green tea creme brulee. Sometimes they will have salmon belly nigiri. If they do, order lots of it. It's great!

The places I listed are the ones who don't try to give you tons of rice with your sushi to fill you up quickly. The fish:rice ratio is very appropriate.

6. lotso-bear

lotso-bear VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought the one in Seattle closed?

+1 on Sushi House Goyamon. It's a good AYCE sushi place with pretty good quality food.

7. ah6tyfour

ah6tyfour High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Forgot to mention that Sushi House Goyamon serves shio ramen from Monta after 11pm as part of the AYCE. Monta is by far the best ramen house in Vegas. I'm not very fond of shio ramen (much prefer tonkotsu ramen), but you can't really go wrong with Monta.

8. bigsuv

bigsuv Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    +1 on sushi mon. i have yet tried goyamon but most likely will for my upcoming trip. skip todai. i have never tried the one in vegas but elsewhere. waste of time and money :vomit:.

9. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's possible. We haven't been over in that area for ages.

10. 24fanatics

24fanatics Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Goyemon is awesome. I always eat there when I am in town. I highly recommend it.

11. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    not close to the strip but Makino's had a decent selection. There is one located in the north premium outlet but I heard the better one is away from the strip and downtown.

12. bigsuv

bigsuv Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    imho, i think makino is not much of a different than todai.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.