1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

A rental car re-booking reminder

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by ken2v, Jul 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nothing original about this concept, but it bears repeating once in a while to check your rezzies leading into departure to capture any savings. It's not Vegas-specific, but in the last three days I've twice cancelled and re-booked through Costco Travel our car rental for an upcoming trip, shaving off 25 percent the first time and another 20 percent just now.

2. aliasyoshi

aliasyoshi Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agreed 100%. Looks like rental car prices may be starting a decline for our trip in a couple weeks. Still not better than what I booked at about a month ago, but still worthwhile checking each day. :thumbsup:

3. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Actually it might be best to rebook first and then cancel your prior reservation. IMHO, sometimes the prices vary quickly, best to make sure you have the booking before cancelling your prior reservation.

Live and learn, many years ago that happenned to me, I was booking for the CES, I found a better price and so cancelled my old reservation. Lo and behold I tried to book the new reservation but the rate disappeared. Luckily later in the day they did drop their rates (even better than the one I had found) so I didn't get burned in that incident but nowadays I always rebook before cancelling my old reservation.

actually I sometimes book months in advance to guarantee my car or hotel and rebook if I find lower rates, usually it is higher months in advance and usually drops about 4 weeks prior to my stay, depending on time of year, conventions, etc.

4. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just did a third cut for this week off the pending trip, dropping another 15 percent, and took 12 percent off our Kauai rental in September.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.