1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

15 For Steak...Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by ronc, Jul 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronc

ronc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are 15 of us traveling to Vegas in a couple of months. It is a work trip--there is a convention we are attending. The boss wants to take everyone out for a steak dinner (or I guess I should say, to a steakhouse) one evening while we are there.

They (boss and wife and another couple) had a great meal at Vic and Anthony's and it looks like that is the early favorite.

What I'd like from you, my friends here, is ideas I can present for other places that are "steakhouses", in the same price range, and that are more a Vegas-specific (or at least not something that is found in Houston) than Vic and Anthony's.

Thanks for your contributions!!

2. tatterdema

tatterdema VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  3. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have seen this question often, but not with 15 people. There are a ton of greta steak houses in Vegas.

Where are you staying?
    Are you looking for nice, or over the top?

4. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    But what about all the white trash, bums & panhandlers.:wink2::evillaugh:evillaugh:evillaugh

5. BlondWidow

BlondWidow Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hmm, how about a non-traditional place, like a Braziilan steak house? They can easily accommodate larger groups and they generally have big salad bars and a variety of meat selections (steak, chicken, lamb, etc.).

Via Brasil is a good one, but probably 20 minutes away from the strip. Fogo de Chao is also good and is off the strip, but pretty close, on Flamingo. And then Texas de Brazil is on South Las Vegas Blvd., down towards The M. We've eaten at all of them and enjoyed them (although Via Brasil is our favorite of the three).

Just a thought!

6. mescalita

mescalita old and in the way...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    :haha:
    :drunk:

7. jegbomb52

jegbomb52 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    call the Palm, talk to them directly. they will hook you up with a private dining room and a reasonable discount, especially if you are paying one bill.

8. tatterdema

tatterdema VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They don't bother me. ;)

9. queuetee

queuetee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If my boss had a place he liked and he was paying and he was the boss-----I would keep my mouth shut and let him make the choice. If it didn't work out, I would not want my head on the platter because I indicated that I thought my choices were better than his.

Now if he put me in charge of the activity, that is different

10. billduhcat

billduhcat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I took 12 clients to joes stone crab @ forum shops last year, and it worked out well. The staff was a bit aloof until they figured out we were on an expense account though.

As alluded to in previous posts, just about every place can accommodate large parties with various combos of reservations and private rooms, just call and set things up ahead of time. If its a big convention, make the arrangements sooner than later lest your choice get booked up.

11. kitson

kitson VIP Whale

is everyone staying in the same place? where?

where is the boss staying?

sometimes the boss just wants things to go well, and if he is familiar with vic and anthony's from texas, so be it.

12. Molder66

Molder66 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Treasures Gentlemen’s Club & Steakhouse of Las Vegas

Yummy:evillaugh

13. ronc

ronc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In answer to an earlier post, two of us are doing the planning for this with the concurrence of a few others. My boss isn't a "head on the plate" type of guy; I left that world a long time ago (thankfully!). We all work well together and it is a small company, so there aren't the shenanigans I saw in a large corporation.

Everyone but my wife and me will be staying at the MGM. We will be at TI for one night and Encore for three nights thanks to a timely offered--I am using comped rooms to save the company money and switched to those two from the Tropicana when a Wynn offer for three nights came in. That is a new place for us to try.

It might end up being Vic and Anthony's, and that is fine, but I want to hear your opinions on other places that might be more of a Vegas experience...thanks for worrying about the bad things that can happen, but I don't have a concern in the world about those!!

14. ABQJeff

ABQJeff Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I attended a large dinner hosted by one of my suppliers at Craftsteak, and I thought they did a wonderful job. There were about 20 of us, and I have to say it was the best experience that I've had at a steakhouse with that large a party. Sevice was excellent, and the food was Craftsteaks usual excellent quality. Since it's in MGM, it would be convenient for most of your party.

15. kitson

kitson VIP Whale

no, not worried about the bad things, but with all staying on the strip, getting 7 or so different parties all downtown is a nightmare, seems like you could sell a decision on a strip steakhouse easily on that basis alone.

16. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We did a party for about the same number at N9ne one time and it was outstanding. You'll need to call ahead and set it up, but I highly recommend it.

17. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Second that, we were a party of 20 and got the private dining room at the N9ne. The food and service was impeccable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.