1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Terry Fator or George Wallace?

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by sura83, Jul 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sura83

sura83 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Already got tickets for LOVE (courtesy of myVegas) for our trip in September and contemplating which other show we'd like to see. Really wanted to get Terry Fator through myVegas also, but his tickets are long gone and I'm beginning to despair that they will come back. So, if we have to buy tickets, I'm torn between that and George Wallace. Hubby and I are in our mid-fifties, and although we're not shocked by bad language or racy subject matter we're not interested in anything extremely crude. We've seen Dana Carvey, Jay Leno, and Carrot Top in the past and enjoyed all of them. If you had to make a choice which one would you choose, and why? Or - if you've already seen one or both I'd be interested in hearing your take on them.

2. Iceicecool

Iceicecool Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Terry Fator is one of my favorite shows in Vegas.

3. jmwesner

jmwesner Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We saw Terry Fator and loved him. I would definitely see his show again.

4. shamrock77

shamrock77 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would say Terry Fator. I have seen him once, loved him so much going back for a 2nd time in September.

5. GottaLuvCruising

GottaLuvCruising High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've seen both. Really enjoyed Terry Fator, but found the show much too similar to clips I had seen of him on TV. There was some different material, but too silly for me. I loved George Wallace, so much so that I'm seeing him again (this) Friday. I'll let you know if he's really worth a 2nd visit!

6. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Definitely Terry Fator; the singer "plant" in the audience at George Wallace was a bit much and he spent about 15 minutes the night we saw him encouraging the audience to come back the next night when he would be talking about some really funny stuff. It begged the question, why not talk about it now. I was hugely disappointed in his show.

7. sarah9nascar

sarah9nascar VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You must have seen the same George Wallace show we saw. The first time we saw George Wallace, he was fantastic. The second time we saw him, the plant in the audience took up too much time. He wouldn't let her stop singing until the audience had given plenty of money. He told our audience to come back the next night and he would tell more jokes. NOT FUNNY!!!!

Terry Fator was very funny and talented.

Sema Show
  8. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Both are a great show.

Been to both. Enjoyed both.

If I had to repeat, it would be George.

9. AcesFull72

AcesFull72 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We just got back from Vegas and saw Terry Fator. Had 5th row seats and thought the show was worth every penny. Very entertaining!

10. bardolator

bardolator Lifelong Low Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We enjoyed Terry Fator immensely, but it has been several years. In fact, it was the second night of his run, and he had an incredible performer's high that night. If you see him, try to get seats toward the center of the house as close as possible. Otherwise, you'll end up watching him on the screen.

11. VegasGroove

VegasGroove VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Go see Terry Fator. And I say this having only seen George Wallace.

breanna and sarah are correct: the GW show was fine until he insulted the audience's intelligence with an obvious audience plant. A woman was picked by GW to sing it just so happened the house music started up right on que with the song she "chose" to sing. Oh please. And then he kept telling the audience to give her money. Oh please again. The real annoyance for me was he kept talking about his "booty-hole". Really? A sixty-something (may be seventy-something) man making comments about that orifice over and over and over again. Geez.

12. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like George Wallace and don't mind the comments about his "booty-hole", he's funny... but Terry Fator's show is one of the best in Vegas and you'll enjoy it!

13. jrinct1

jrinct1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Slight edge to George Wallace.

14. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think somebody got to my "booty hole".

We enjoyed the show but now realize we were had. I feel stupid now.

The more I think about the show, the more I realize he enjoys taking his audience as fools. Yea, we laughed and all. But some of the patter looking back.....

15. sura83

sura83 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks to all for the insight and personal observations. Looks like Terry Fator it is. Guess I'll hold off a little longer to see if myVegas brings his tickets back as a reward since the Travelzoo offer I was looking doesn't expire until the end of September.

16. vegasnut

vegasnut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Without any doubt Terry Fator

Definately my choice is Terry Fator
    I have seen alot of shows and also comedians
    Saw vinnie favorito 3 times( he is rude though but if u can take it you will laugh ur asses off) saw the improv ( not so)saw also comedians at rivera (pretty good)
    And i saw george wallace sat in first row and silly enough i had to ring a bell after 1 houre and got a cd from him for it ( gave it to lady next to me who was very happy with it) ofcourse comedy is also personal taste but no offense i found george wallace a bit lame
    Terry fator i enjoyed very much not only as an entertainer with his puppets but he is also a great singer
    So definately i will recommend terry
    U guys will definately enjoy love one of the better shows( saw it twice.... Beginning is a bit messy but later on its great with a great finale)
    Other recommendation for u guys is jersey boys
    Best show i have seen its a musical about franky vail and the four seasons
    Although a bit for my time i really loved this show

17. tldbucs

tldbucs Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Without a doubt Terry Fator! One of the best shows in Las Vegas. You will leave wanting more and feeling really good.

18. sura83

sura83 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the recommendation for Jersey Boys vegasnut, but we've actually seen it already, when it was still at the Palazzo. You are right though - it is an excellent show. Went mainly because my husband wanted to, but I think I ended up enjoying it even more than he did.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.