1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Hakkasan tiesto review

Discussion in 'Vegas Nightlife' started by paperposter, Jul 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    went to hakkasan for tiesto and these are my obsrevations;
    i looked more like people where waiting for a rock band to go on stage as people crowded the dance floor trying to get up front.
    hakkasan is very large.it remends me part tao and part marque i think the stole ideas from both places.

it didnt seem like a nite club where you go to picked up guys and girls most people where in groups and there to see tiesto or say they made into hakkasan.

they where randomley enforing a dress code at the ropes even for bottles service but there was no logic on how they choose who to reject i even saw them make people go to the store to get a differnt shirt or jacket to get in.

hope that helps some.i put up some pictures enjoy:wave:

Attached Files:

2. Kickin

Kickin Flea

I learned something a bit surprising when we were there at MGM over a busy concert weekend when lines for Hakkasan looked like something out of a train station in Shanghai. A little after midnight you could just walk right in. You'd pay the cover, at least for guys, but there was zero wait. I didn't care to go but later that night while I was eating at the bar at the new Avenue 24 I was bullshitting with a group of total midwestern frat boy types who did exactly that at around 12:30am and they had no girls with them and nothing pre-arranged. You can do that at the popular lounges in NY too but much later than that, I was surprised things settled down so early in Vegas.

Though after seeing these types of pics it makes more sense. These places really are more like concerts than clubs or lounges.

3. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I saw him at the Joint a few years ago and was really impressed... I don't think I'll be checkin' out Hakkasan until some of the "hoopla" dies down. I like a lively place, but not a "packed to the gills" place.

4. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i can tell you i was there outside hanging with friends from 11.45 for around a half hour watiing on my group and the general admision line was out the door and around the block with peoople trying to get in.

table res was also a little blocked up but you could definatly bribe your way in and there where plenty of club hosts outside who ould work deals with you.

tiesto played from 1 am to 4 am

5. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good god that looks like a nightmare.

6. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i can honestly say if you want to see the dj who is a named acted like deadmouse,teisto and people of that caliber you do need a table to enjoy yourself and im anti tables.
    other wise the place is so big and has a few floors you can just have a drink and ejoy yourself else where in there.

i have tone more pics i just havent posted.

on a side note,im hearing light club isnt doing the numbers they expected but is a lot nicer than hakkasan.

7. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great comment! Brought on a real LOL!!! You don't see that down at the Boars Head Bar at the MSS do ya? :poke:

8. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    more pictures

Attached Files:

9. wishman35

wishman35 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As a big fan of the EDM music scene, I really prefer to see them at festivals like Daisy Carnival etc. The crowds are just a ton better when it isn't full people who just hopped off their G5, girls being ushered to the closest table of guys who greased their fat hand with a $20 . I dont like to be "raging" whilst in dress pants or a dress shirt. I am sorry but it isn't comfortable, nor is being surrounded by pretentiousness.

I enjoy the clubs in the moment, once I am away from the line, once I get ripped off on cover and pay $17($13 for vodka, $4 for a red bull?) for a red bull vodka.

At the end of the day I find myself just taking in the ambiance of the Vegas clubs, the lights, screens, the outdoor areas (something Hakkasan doesn't have). They are fantastic places to get down to the music if you can find your own personal space to enjoy it and not have to dump thousands in the process.

10. Someone

Someone High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    from pic #3 in your first set they should rename the place sausage fest or sausage on sausage on sausage rubbing against sausage....I think I counted about 20 girls total in that photo

11. USCHawks

USCHawks High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was thinking the same thing!

12. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    as i said it really wasnt like a true nite club where you tried to pick up people,it was more of a rock concert ,be and be seen.

i think it will interesting how it is on non headlining nites.

ps there where smoking hot chicks all over but usualy at tables with big groups of people

Last edited: Jul 8, 2013
  13. msavard

msavard Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was hoping to post just that... holy shit that's a swordfight!

And Light has been killing it over at MB. Sold out last two weekends according to my guy (Brian Sweet, podium guy there). I've got a bed at Daylight next weekend and may get a walk in at light to scope it out. Will see!

14. Kickin

Kickin Flea

Yeah you can take any of the pics and circle a random area and its the same thing. For all the popularity and gravitas of clubs in Vegas its surprising they let that happen. I think they get away with it because the clientele is so transient and from all over the place. You don't see that kind of ratio at popular lounges here because the place would quickly lose favor. You see the same thing at the pool clubs which is gross seeing a bunch of shirtless dudes crammed into waist high water.

I hear what paperposter is saying about the girls not being in the pics because they are invited to the tables and yeah you see a lot of girls going to the clubs even if you're not going in. But I remember a few years back when we still used to hit the clubs in Vegas when it was a big scene but not as big as today, the top clubs were places like Tao, Tabu, Tryst, Pure etc and we would get tables and meet girls but the places were still wall to wall dudes. That was before these places turned into concert type events too.

But hey they're making serious bank off all these dudes so why mess with a gold mine.

15. vegasnut

vegasnut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hope you liked my fellow countryman steve
    ( dj tiesto the guy from breda) anyways im not a clubgoer myself but i checked out some clubs.... Pure( didnt like it so much) tryst( cool) surrender(great too i saw my fellow countryman dj afrojack performing a great show ... I was lucky i knew a guy so we skipped line i just hate to wait long in line)
    Xs is also a great club
    The pics of hakkasan looked great though

16. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I was younger (yea, it sux to get old/er but it happens to us all:poke:) we always went to see bands so I don't quite get all the hype of going to see somebody that just plays somebodey elses recorded music.....I suppose the draw is the whole party atmoshpere that the DJ creates?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not putting it down...just curious what the draw is and how these guys get so famous playing recorded music.....or is it more than that?

17. Kickin

Kickin Flea

It is more than that. They create their own music, its electronic dance music (EDM). They're not DJs in the traditional sense of the term, but the music they produce is largely made and performed in club settings. When I was in college EDM type stuff was big amongst its own subculture and prominent at a handful of clubs that usually catered to a very young crowd (teens / early 20s) and big amongst Asians especially. But now its become much more mainstream....which is why dudes like Tiesto can get paid $22 million a year just from one club.

18. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks KickinChicken:thumbsup:....I figured there had to be more to it. So I'm assuming they create their music all electronically (no instruments)...but who sings or are they like mix masters and use the vocals from the popular songs? I've heard the music at EBC and I hear songs I (think I) know but they sound like they've been re-mixed.

19. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    they play there music and others peoples at there shows ,some are also pruducers.

psss,just a litlle birdie thing about 80 percent of the edm dj dont play live ,there who set is pre recorded.the cd players are empty and there just up there dancing around.

not saying tiesto is hes one of the few who actauly is doing it live otherwise its like seeing britney spears live lipsynic

20. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow....sounds like pretty good work if you can get it! Probably a lot like being an NFL payer though....better make the $$ while you're young and invest wisely because nobody's going to pay you that kind of dough when your 35 or 40 to do that.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.