1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Las Vegas PowerPass... is it worth the $$$

Discussion in 'Las Vegas for the Frugal (not Cheap)' started by Tammer, Jul 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tammer

Tammer Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I came across these passes and wondered if anyone here has ever purchased one. I read in one review that some of the attractions they list no longer accept these so not sure they are worth the money they're charging.

2. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Please let me know ASAP if you find places not accepting them. As far as I know they are accepted all places they say they are. As for whether or not it's worth it, it depends on what activities you select and how many you actually get to.

Not very helpful, was I? :)

3. matguy

matguy High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't know about places that should take them not taking them anymore, but the bigger part that I noticed is that there just aren't as many attractions it's good for as there used to be. Though, part of that is a dwindling number of family-ish fun attractions in Vegas that it's geared toward.

When I used one, about 5 years ago, it was a decent deal for the things we wanted to do, but to make good use of it you need to hustle around and be go-go-go for the duration that the pass was good for. I certainly would not try to hustle around to the attractions on public transportation, we had a car.

We only had one place that was an issue: At the Stratosphere (supposedly) the one lady that knew how to deal with it (at every other place it was just a simple swipe of the card) had just gone on break and we were sent on a wild goose chase, which, after 20 minutes of walking around we eventually gave up on.

Otherwise it was OK, probably better if you have kids that want to do the attractions.

4. Tammer

Tammer Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Coincidentally enough, it was the Stratosphere that I read somewhere, doesn't accept them anymore.

We definitely will not have a car while we are there so that may be the deciding factor then. Thanks for your help!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.