1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Hit the wall!

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by xmarksx, Jul 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xmarksx

xmarksx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Currently at level 78 and purchased my four rewards for our August trip. Anyone encounter this, I really don't have much reason to play other than to build points for our next trip. Kind of a letdown.

2. ButterflyMtn

ButterflyMtn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep but I just play for the next trip. I sometimes go crazy with the bet amount when I have months to go

3. MoneyToBurn

MoneyToBurn Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, after the suites went away I haven't found the rewards as attractive. I mostly save my coins until it is double XP and play them off then, since I'm sub 200 level and a few rewards are still locked. Still, they keep adding stuff. There is a bad review over in the Restaurant section for that 550 Pizza in Aria, but I'd surely try it for free.

Here's some motivation- Imagine some future fantastical reward, and save for it, so when it actually shows up, you can plunk down the million LP on the barrelhead. For example, I am saving for "Didayer Snyder reads you a bedtime story."

4. xmarksx

xmarksx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Butterfly, how funny, that is exactly what I did this morning when I hit the final 4th of July reward. I cranked up the bet for a few spins just to see how fast the XP meter moved.

I may also start banking points until the times where they have double XP.

5. shiny

shiny Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    IMHO --- please don't buy chips and don't spend money on the games (just not worthy). I am currently at level 150, never spend a penny on the game, and have gathered over 576,000 LPs so far. Of which, I already redeemed or purchased reward using 456,000 LPs (still have 120,000 LPs on hand). In my upcoming trip in late August, I already redeemed 3 worthy rewards (including 2 nights at MB's suite; $50 dining credit at Monte Carlo; and $25 dining credit at NYNY's Nine Fine Irish).

When you are playing with the cost-effective low-betting strategy, you will have more LPs than other players (who are betting big or play under double XP).

Everyone knows the MV rewards are continuously devalued. It's obvious that fewer players will buy chips at the present time, due to players' disappointment and loss of faith/trust! Game's payout got lowered/worse and bonus run frequently paid some little petty chips (which made players losing chips much quicker).

Will I continue playing the games? Yes, and until the MV program gets vanished. Play wisely, get as many LPs as you can through each level (no need of leveling fast), purchase/redeem rewards ASAP, and ......

6. shiny

shiny Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    FYI ---- Here is a thread with detailed discussion of betting strategy for gaining more LPs.

Many thanks to cstutor89. He has provided in-depth analytical information (for players in levels 58-139 and 140+).

The MV games are programmed and structured to give the low-bet cost-effective players with comparably higher (much higher) number of LPs.

https://www.vegasmessageboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94523

7. Mitkraft

Mitkraft VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm in a similar boat. I'm planning my first trip since starting MyVegas back in November and I'm having a hard time finding rewards to justify the amount of time and effort I've put in the game. My wife and I each have more LP's than I have worthwhile rewards for. The room rewards might be except for the fact that we are taking our dog with us and there are no pet friendly room rewards. I'm not really interested in the BOGO type rewards since most of them aren't on things we would otherwise spend money on. That leaves me with shows being pretty much the only high value things that are worth using up my LP's for. Since I want to see Absinthe and one of the Mandalay beach concerts in this trip I imagine I'd only want to see one of the cirque shows otherwise the trip would be too show heavy. The other things I'm interested in would hardly put a dent in my LP's. So fare I've got Moorea beach passes (x2), BOGO 4day monorail passes (x2), MC picnic by the pool (x2), Pair of premium Love tickets, All day Excal buffet pass (x2), All day Luxor buffet pass (x2), and Bellagio lunch buffet (x2). Even with all those I still have over 400k in LP's between our two accounts. And many of those rewards will be refunded since I have to pick only 6 total MGM rewards. They need to bring back some of they high value rewards for those that have a lot of LP's. The bottle service are a possibility but I'm not sure if we want to do the club thing since we're 40ish and not heavy drinkers. I wish they'd bring back stuff like buffets for 2, pool cabanas, more show tickets in pairs, more food rewards that aren't BOGO etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.