1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Mlife Cruise 2014?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Letsdoit, Jul 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Letsdoit

Letsdoit Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi Everyone,

I had already booked my 2013 cruise when Mlife partnered up with RCCL and was wondering if any of you know if this partnership will allow Platinum/Noir members to get their free cruise for sailings in 2014 if Mlife members retain their status as of November 1, 2013.

Thank you in advance for any input you have on this subject.

Regards.

2. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I certainly hope so - I haven't heard that they've discontinued the offer. I'm taking my free cruise in 3 weeks.

A good spot to get an answer to this question would be the M Life facebook page if no one on the forum knows.

3. Letsdoit

Letsdoit Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks JosieCat. I hope that it is available too :cheers:

Enjoy your cruise !!!!

4. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm pretty sure you get one every year, not just this year. of course only as long as the program continues, but they just launched it, I doubt they're going to drop it after a year.

5. Letsdoit

Letsdoit Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the response Shifter. I'm hopeful that they continue the program but you never know with them. I want to book my 2014 cruise ASAP so they can't retract it if the program changes for whatever reason!

I've also e-mailed Mlife and will post their response once I receive it.

Cheers!:peace:

6. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you are ready to book, call now.

My experience is the MLIFE folks are not the sharpest folks in the tool shed.

7. Letsdoit

Letsdoit Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, maybe I should try to book now for next year, lol. Here is the response I got from Mlife Social.

Unfortunately we do not have that information at this time. Details about our continued relationship with Royal Caribbean will be announced in the fall.

Thank you for reaching out,
    -M life social

8. Letsdoit

Letsdoit Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi Everyone,

I thought I would repost this again to see if any of you know if Noir/Plat will be offered a cruise in 2014.

Have any of you booked a cruise since your tier credits reset to 0?

9. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    From what I heard, they are in negotiations and will hopefully know this month or early next month. The fact that the most recent flier I got from them last week doesn't mention Royal Caribbean as a partner - hopefully doesn't mean it's over.

Although my latest experience wasn't a good one. I took my free cruise in July - went on another cruise this past weekend - only to be denied my M Life perks. My host on the ship showed me a report with a list of all the M Life players on the cruise, and by my name it stated "Benefits Only, No Comp" - which to me, meant that this was not a comped cruise - but I should still get the M Life Benefits. Apparently her boss thought it meant I should get nothing - and I got nothing. She still gave me the 10 free drinks, but no dinner at Chops, no 30 minutes of internet, no welcome amenity gift - nada.

I did call Royal today and the woman was very apologetic and said she would speak to her boss. The only thing I asked for was my $25 certificate. In booking the cruise, I had to choose between my RC perk (a $25 certificate) or my M Life Perks - I chose M Life. So since they were denied I feel that I should at least get the $25 credit.

I got even though - I hit for $2,000 on the ship (4 Aces with a kicker playing $1 DDB).

10. BLNT

BLNT High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's been my experience that ALL the cruise lines we've sailed (well over 50 cruises) have real issues with getting the word out to all their staff as far as promos, perks, etc.

In that regard - they appear very similar to Mlife ! :eek:

It would seem that none of them are really that concerned with ensuring that programs are both easy to understand and well executed.

I called a VIP Mlife number last week after getting "demoted" back to Sapphire. I gave them my Crown & Anchor information (Diamond with Royal Caribbean) and was told that within a day or two my online Mlife tier would change to Gold -- still waiting on that -- but that if there were any problems with that, just go to the Milfe desk when I get back to Vegas.

Heck, the people at that number barely had a clue what I was talking about to begin with (was put on hold 5 minutes while she "got up to speed")... so I'm looking forward to spending an unnecessary amount of time sorting that out again at Aria next week!

It would likely be easier just bringing my old Platinum card for use in lines (cafe, buffet, taxi) until I can just earn the TC's necessary to get to Gold, and perhaps back to Platinum!

11. Letsdoit

Letsdoit Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi,

I e-mailed RCCL and got this response. And, they told me to check back in December with them.

In regards to your inquiry, we do not yet know about 2014 MGM Mlife benefits

I'll post any news that I receive from now until December.

12. BLNT

BLNT High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks

Sounds about right though... why should they know anything about the future! :D

13. nostresshere

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They often do not know about the "present".....LOL!

14. BLNT

BLNT High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Touché !

15. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It sounds like the relationship will continue for 2014. I did call and confirm with this them. I was told I qualify for a 4 or 5 night comped Bahamas or Caribbean cruise. Maybe this is old news if e-mails were sent out - but I have fallen off the M Life e-mail list.

16. nostresshere

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have not heard anything from them about this continuing, and I am Noir.

17. butterfinger

butterfinger Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i too have not heard anything from them about this continuing, and i am platinum lol

18. mykidsdad

mykidsdad Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    After a couple of emails back and forth got one today that says I qualify for a 3 night Bahamas cruise or a $750 credit to a different cruise. Wife and I are platinum.

19. butterfinger

butterfinger Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $750?...they told me $600...hmm wonder if they just boost it up to $750 or you got more tier than me...how many tier do you have? and does your wife also get this offer? (so a total of 4 people can go)

20. Letsdoit

Letsdoit Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi Butterfinger,

The credit is not associated with the number of Tier credits you have. I just e-mailed Club Royale and they said that 750$ will be deducted from a longer cruise unless the total fare of the cruise is under 750$ which is highly, highly unlikely. We will also get the other perks that come with being a Platinum member.

Cheers:peace:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.