1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Where to buy an ipad/tablet?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Dearns, Jul 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dearns

Dearns Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi all.

My wife and I are looking into buying an ipad/tablet. As we're from the UK and visiting Vegas in August we are thinking of holding off until then and seeing if we can get a good deal due to the exchange rate while we're away.

I'm posting to see if anyone can recommend where to look for the best deal and options. I've been to Vegas once before and spent time in the Forum shops, Fashion Show Mall and also went to some outlet malls south of the strip (don't know the name although I do remember there was an IHOP and people were voting there that day) but don't remember seeing anywhere that we could check out although I wasn't specifically looking for tech shops.

Also, if anyone will have an idea of prices that'd be great.

Thanks

2. egelston2

egelston2 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There is an Apple Store at the Fashion Show mall. The prices for Apple iPads are standard. Therefore, there is no advantage in going to one store over the other. Prices are dependent on what you want.

3. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We just bought an iPad 4, with 16 gb.
    It is a refurbished unit that we bought online from the Apple Store. $410. Only had it 2 days but my wife loves it compared to the Samsung Galaxy we had.

There is a 90 day warranty but since I paid with Amex, that extends the warranty another two years, so I'm comfortable with the refurbished unit.

4. JaviSRK

JaviSRK High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Unless Vegas has a MicroCenter (which I don't think it doesn't). They routinely offer new iPads $30-$50 off retail.

5. travelfiend

travelfiend High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Might check out Fry's when you are there too. On the strip just about 3 minutes south of Mandalay Bay, same side. Not sure if you can get discounts on iPads there but certainly, they have a great selection and if you have any geek in you, the store is great! http://www.frys.com/template/tablets

6. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Any discounts are marginal.

If you are buying with cell service included... make sure you understand what is offered and what will work back home. WIFI - no problem.

7. gguerra

gguerra High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A lot of people like Ipads but since I am not an Apple person I can recommend the competition. The Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (10") offers great value and performance and Fry's has it for $299. The 7" version is about $100 less. (I have one and love it)
    http://www.frys.com/product/7018011?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

The Note is more money but offers more features
    http://www.frys.com/product/7018021?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

There's a Fry's close to the strip (south) in the Town Square shopping center.

8. zenvegas

zenvegas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is it going to work once you get it home on your different electrical currency?

I need a vacation from my vacations
  9. pebbles

pebbles Micro Roller.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The iPad works fine in the UK. I bought mine from the Apple store at Town Square last year. It came with a world wide warranty.
    We went to the Fashion Show Mall Apple store but there was a line to get in on the day we went. It was crazy busy.

I don't think you'll find a discount anywhere because Apple have some sort of block on anyone discounting new products. As people have already said, you might find a discount on a refurbished item.

10. Dearns

Dearns Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for all the info and advice so far.

We really have no preference of ipad or Samsung or any other for that matter. I have a Galaxy S3 phone and my wife has iphone 5 so we both have experience using the systems. We don't have any other Apple based items eg Apple TV or wireless system.

We will be mainly using it for surfing the web and using apps/playing games - nothing too heavy. One thing we would prefer is a large screen (minimum 9/10"). The prices we'd be looking at in the UK are £400($605) for ipad 4 16gb and £480($727) 32 gb, Samsung Tab 2 16gb £230($348), Note 16gb £330($500).

How do the converted UK prices compare with the prices in the US?

11. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Started to say, just go to the Apple store, but from where you are, it will force you to view UK prices.

Here are Apple Store prices, for Ipad4 on US Website. Expect stores to be exactly this, or close.

WIFI only
    16bg $499
    32gb $599

12. Gregsmt

Gregsmt Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't forget... The ipad has a retina display. Not sure about the Samsung, but I doubt it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.