1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Mon Ami Gabi Question

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Daila, Jul 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daila

Daila Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We will be staying at the MGM Grand on August 23rd to August 27th. On Saturday, August 24th, we will be attending the 7:00 P.M. KA show.

We would like to have dinner that night at Mon Ami Gabi at Paris.

If we did dinner before the show, what would be a good time to make reservations for to ensure plenty of time to get seated, eat and enjoy and get back prior to the show. Is 2 hours enough?

Would it make more sense to eat after the show? If so what time would you recommend to ensure we have plenty of time to get there after the show?

Any tips or hints appreciated! Thanks!

2. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just a fyi, no reservations accepted for the outdoor patio. Sorry I can't help on timing.

3. bardolator

bardolator Lifelong Low Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As with many Cirque shows, getting seated early gets you an extra 15 minutes or so of entertainment.

Since it's Saturday, Gabi will be busier than usual, but generally dinner there does not take more than an hour. 5:00 dinner for a 7:00 show should be plenty of time. The place does not fill up early, except the patio. It's busy most of the time.

4. undathesea

undathesea Grandissimo

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would go with 2 hours as well. You may be better off snacking before the show and then setting your reservation for 9PM. That way you won't feel rushed.

If you don't want to eat that early, I would suggest making a reservation for a restaurant at MGM instead and giving yourselves an hour and half at that restaurant.

To me, Mon Ami Gabi isn't anything special. You can have it for lunch and have the same experience.

5. bigsuv

bigsuv Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i think by 8/24 should be ok but you might want to double check before you head there due to the recent incident.

6. kitson

kitson VIP Whale

after having faced the situation of rushing through what should have been a nice dinner, then trying to get to a different property to get to a show, and then just being stuffed and uncomfortable for what should have been a great show, i have just given up on the idea of having dinner reservations before a show. maybe having a great late lunch and then dinner after the show just will take all the pressure off and allow enjoyment of everything.

7. queuetee

queuetee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with kitson. We never do a nice dinner on the same night as a show. To us, the dinner can be the evening's entertainment. And we would never do it at a different property that would reguire a cab ride down the strip.....just too many variables and too much stress

8. undathesea

undathesea Grandissimo

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I get the feeling that OP and others may see Mon Ami Gabi as a fine dining restaurant, but Mon Ami Gabi is self-labeled as a "bistro." A bistro is essentially the equivalent of a nice diner. Just don't set your hopes up for a classy pre-show meal at MAG, because that's not what it is.

It's just a casual dining restaurant. Good for a nice, quick bite to eat in a relaxed setting (usually you think of breakfast, brunch, or lunch at a place like MAG).

If that's what the OP is looking for in a pre-show dinner, MAG is a good choice. If the OP is looking for a "nice dinner," it's my opinion that the OP should look elsewhere.

9. Daila

Daila Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    All great tips and information!

We're mainly looking for nice atmosphere, good fun, but less than $150 (including drinks) for a couple.

I'm open to recommendations.

10. undathesea

undathesea Grandissimo

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As I said before, there's nothing wrong with MAG. It's a nice diner with nice food. If you're going there with expectations of a fine dining restaurant, you'll probably be disappointed. If you're going there for a casual meal, I think you'll enjoy it.

Tons of people love MAG... so the masses can't be wrong.

11. TylerH50

TylerH50 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    agreed. The patio is nice, but it will be hot. The dining room is very crowded, and has probably 3 more tables than they have space for. If you sit at a table vs. a booth, you will bumped into.

12. caldws

caldws Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I eat at MAG every time we are in Vegas. It has good food at reasonable prices - we even took our extended families there for thanksgiving dinner a couple of years ago. My wife disagrees with me, but Ive been a little disappointed in the food the last three times I have eaten there. The service is still excellent and the people watching factor of the patio can't' be beat, but I agree with one of the previous posters in that maybe MAG is a better breakfast or lunch destination.

13. gerry53

gerry53 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    awesome bacon and egg brekkie at mon gabi !

hope to be having it sunday or monday:licklips:

14. luckylinda

luckylinda High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    blueberry waffles then back for French onion soup for lunch. Just ate there yesterday. Patio would be too hot for me

15. bardolator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's important to try to answer the question that was asked. Our poster wanted fun, reasonable prices, and a relatively quick meal in order to make a show. Mon Ami Gabi delivers all three.

16. Daila

Daila Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for all the responses! I did want fun, reasonable prices and quick service with good food. I think I'll stick with MAG knowing of course that I won't have the super nice service or atmosphere that other places would offer, but I should have a good experience for the price!

17. queuetee

queuetee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Actually you will have excellent service as many of the waitpeople have been there for many years. It is NOT a diner . A French bistro does not translate to diner. You will not get a gum chewing, sarcastic waitress who will yell your order to the short order cook.

18. bardolator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agreed. Service we have had there has always been excellent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.