1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Slots Vegas High Limit Room Crawl - looking for suggestions

Discussion in 'Slots' started by isitvegasyet, Jun 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. isitvegasyet

isitvegasyet Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Howdy! For our upcoming September trip to Vegas, we plan to spend a day doing a high limit room crawl. The idea is to take a set amount of money into each selected high limit room and either lose it all or at least double it, then move on to the next. Just another fun way to spend a day in Vegas. Wanted to get some input from those of you who have opinions about or experience with various strip properties' high limit rooms. And if you want to share anything about "the" machine to play, I'm all ears! We particularly like the Wynn high limit room for great cocktail service and we've had some good luck. Plus, it's just a pretty room albeit very quiet (except when we're in there). I've managed to spill a martini in there more than once. Glad we haven't been banned. Thanks.

2. anonanon

anonanon Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My favorite high limit room is at the Cosmo. I get my Oban single malt there and as soon as it's done, a new one arrives. I also tip $5 a drink in there vs my usual $1 per drink, but that Oban at the bar would run me over $25 a drink!

3. Malibugolfer

Malibugolfer High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are you referring to HL slot rooms or tables?

4. isitvegasyet

isitvegasyet Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good question and probably a necessary distinction. I'm talking slot machines. Hopefully we last long enough in each HLR to at least acquire a HL cocktail.

5. engicedave

engicedave VIP Whale

How "High Limit?"
    $5, $25, $100 per pull?

6. Viva Las Vegas

Viva Las Vegas Elvis has left the building

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had good experience in the Cosmo HL room as well (playing the promotion, sticking around for a bit longer).

I'd start with Cosmo and work my way to the Bellagio, Caesars and Venetian before ending at Wynn for your favorite room and hopefully you'll get some nice wins along the way.

Good luck and hope you write a Crawl Report here.

7. isitvegasyet

isitvegasyet Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Probably $25 a pull. If things go well, we'll go over that. I think the best high limit room luck we've had was at the $5 level, playing max credits. That may be because anything over that and we can't ride it out long enough. LOL. The plan is to have a set "budget" for each high limit room. We'll play and if at any point we've doubled our money we move on to the next. Now, we're gamblers, so if things are going really well we may stay at one property all day. It happens. If we lose our budget for that property, we move on to the next. Rinse and repeat. I think it will be a fun day. Pick out maybe eight properties to try. Maybe ten. One goal will be to last in each room long enough to get a cocktail. LOL.

8. cardfelon

cardfelon Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What is the budget you are allowing for each high limit room?

9. engicedave

engicedave VIP Whale

Paris $5 are good
    PHo has good $25 and $10....$5 are not bad
    Caesars has decent $5 in the actual HL slot room, where the big $100+ machines are....Palace Court Slots? The $25 are good as well.
    Bellagio is best for $10, $5 machines not so much. I have not done a lot of time on their $25's
    My HL Cosmo luck is bad
    MGM has good $10, $5 is ok, $25 can be real hit or miss because there are so many

10. isitvegasyet

isitvegasyet Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks very much for the info engicedave, anonanon and Viva. Much appreciated.

cardfelon - Initially, I'm thinking $200-$400 per room. Now I realize that is probably 2 minutes and out if things aren't going well. Or, with moderate luck we'll get some playing time. Either way, I think it will be a fun way to spend a day.

Right now the likely contenders are Cosmo (where we'll be staying for a couple of nights), Wynn (we're staying at Encore for four nights), Aria, Mirage, Caesar's Palace, Bellagio, Paris, and possibly NYNY (got high marks in another forum). Maybe V/P. All suggestions are welcome.

Thanks again.

11. Darreningreenwood

Darreningreenwood Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Love this idea! Gives me an idea of how to use the $100 loss rebate at Cosmo. Assuming the rules allow it, it could be interesting to take a few pulls at a high limit game.

12. Malibugolfer

Malibugolfer High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Aria, very nicely appointed.

13. Jersey_Bill

Jersey_Bill High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like Aria's HL room but the $5 VP machines are not in the room but all clustered outside it. Quite a few $5 machines in that area. I did find a $1 multi-line Super or Ultimate VP machine in the HL room that played max credits at $25 a shot - and ran through $600 or $700 in 15 minutes with it, without more than a few low hands. On that same trip, my first 15 min in Vegas in the MGM HL room resulted in a $3000 hit on a four-line $1 Ultimate VP machine - where I was dealt a quad with a decent multiplier...

Fun to just walk around the Aria HL room and see what has been paid out - $20k here and $40k there.... Someday I hope to bring an adequate bankroll to a HL room to ride the variance and see what happens. I just pick and tease now, with very short runs hoping to hit big. Outside of that $3k hit, the best I do is break even...

JZB

14. 4dazeoff

4dazeoff Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    we set aside $1000 a few trips ago for high limit. $5 machine, 2 credit bet on a 3 line reel machine. did $300 @ the M, $300 @ silverton and $400 @ aria just outside the high limit room. it was a blast! hit a few $300 jackpots but soooo close to many "bigs" coulda woulda shoulda many times for $12500 etc. ultimately lost $600 of the $1000 but it was a good time and I felt we got a decent amount of play and points for our efforts.
    last trip took $300 into the high limit room @ silverton and did the 30 pulls and got skunked! not even a cherries ha, ha! and, not even a beer from the waitress! too fast. oh well, I guess you gotta expect it. good luck on your adventure!:beer:

15. isitvegasyet

isitvegasyet Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you very kindly to all for the input. We are still narrowing down which HLRs we will actually put on the crawl list. Frankly, since it will be mid-September, how hot it is out and how far we have to walk may factor into our decisions. LOL. We're also planning a VP bar day. I'm going to start a separate thread asking for input on favorite VP bars. Great to be able to benefit from others' experience. Thanks again.

16. mdee

mdee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When we started going to Vegas on a regular basis in 2006 we never received any offers... That is until one visit at Luxor when we started playing $5 WOF.
    We cycled a ton of money through the machine with no losses. Afterwards I had a Host introduce herself to us and that's when the offers started pouring in.
    I used her once or twice before she moved to another property but I haven't wanted or needed one since. I don't like the feeling of being beholden to anyone.

My advise: Take at least $300 - $1,000 and cycle it through a $5 WOF. Do it at your favorite place for the points. You may just hit a few large Bonus Spins!!

Last edited: Jun 25, 2013
  17. rick2006

rick2006 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey - HL crawl is a great idea!

Aria has a a nice bank of video slots on both sides as you walk in. You can play the $1 video slots with $10/spin, and get some nice action for $400, particularly if you hit a bonus. (I like the CATS video machine, second on the left as you enter). They also have some nice $5 and $10 reel machines that are not bad. As stated previously, a bunch of the "high limit" slots in Aria are outside of the high limit room.

Wynn - you seem familiar with this one. It's a nice room. Agree, its quiet but you get great service.

Bellagio is also a nice option - although again, many of the "high limit" machines for your bankroll are probably outside the HL room. There are a couple nice $5 machines in the room you could probably last a while on.

Mirage actually has a nice HL slot selection, and the drink service is nice and quick. You can play reel or video machines here, and certainly last longer with your BR then at some other places (nice selection of $1 video slots, some of which you can play with $5-10 per spin, and some nice poker machines).

I'm not a big fan of the Caesars HL room(s) but you can check those out too! I actually never got drink service last time I was there (and, i was in there long enough to get a handpay, collect my money and leave).

Good luck!

18. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I really like the idea, but suggest either doing a bit less per pull or increasing the budget. Either way the overall budget is going to be a good size. Wonder who gets designated to carry all that cash. :wink2:

19. isitvegasyet

isitvegasyet Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, we've been strategizing. We may narrow the number of HL rooms we visit and up the budget per room. I'd say Wynn, Cosmo, Aria and Mirage are for sures. Maybe Bellagio. We're definitely doing a video poker bar crawl day, too. Have had some great suggestions there. Really looking forward to it. Will probably split our time on that day between strip properties and downtown. And by the way, knowing us, a "crawl" may turn into a "sit in" if we're having too much fun to leave. One of the joys of a Vegas trip is having a plan mapped out and then going off-road. LOL.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.