1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Good Steak South/Mid Strip for Solo Traveller?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by SikDmax, Jun 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SikDmax

SikDmax Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I want a great steak tonight. I'm stuck at the trashy castle Because I didn't make reservations before arriving yesterday and it's EDC weekend. MGM and New York New York are sold out, should have tried the Monte Carlo but just wanted to get the room after riding my motorcycle 440 miles out in 100 degree heat lol.

Anyways, I had nachos at Diablo's last night and they were pretty good but tonight I wanted an excellent steak dinner, but say may be $80 max or so with tip and drink, somewhere At this end of the strip and good for someone by themselves, so bar seating, maybe high up or out on a patio with a nice view.

Any suggestions?

MGM property would be a bonus to charge to my room for comps.

2. Funkhouser

Funkhouser In Charge of the Big Door

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Head over to Craft steak at Mgm. You should be able to sit at bar and dine. Entre are around $50 for a decent cut. I have had prime rib and a NY strip there.

If you were willing to go a little further north Bally's steakhouse is a good choice as well.

Vodoo steakhouse at Rio has best views.

3. 1BETSY1

1BETSY1 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Outback by the M&M store

4. SikDmax

SikDmax Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've done outback before here in the same situation, not again lol.

What are people's thoughts on Gallaghers in NYNY? Reviews look pretty good.

5. gpenguins67

gpenguins67 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you don't mind going somewhere outside of the MGM properties, Try Smith and Wollenskys. Its on the strip between MGM and the Wallgreens. Never had a bad experience there. You can sit at the bar and they do have seating outside as well.

6. ah6tyfour

ah6tyfour High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you go to Stripsteak at Mandalay Bay, you can order a nice steak for $50-$60. You also get served a complimentary trio of duck-fat fries with a trio of dipping sauces, so you wouldn't really need to order a side. It would be like ordering "steak frites" without having to pay for the frites part. And they're fried in duck fat and tossed/seasoned in a few different things, so they're somewhat special.

If you're willing to spend a tad bit more or skip out on a drink, the 8oz Wagyu rib cap is a very flavorful piece of beef and one of my favorite cuts.

Don't know if you can charge it to your room, but Charlie Palmer Steak at the Four Seasons (next to Mandalay Bay) has the "Cut of the Week" special for $50. It includes whatever cut of beef is offered that week, appetizer, two sides, dessert, and all you can drink wine. You'll be out of there at $65.

7. lotso-bear

lotso-bear VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fantastic deal!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.