1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Ballys check-in

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by snoopydogj, Jun 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snoopydogj

snoopydogj High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never stayed at Bally's. I thought I read sometime ago about check-in being really slow. Mostly stay a Flamingo & the rewards line works pretty good.

We're getting in around 9:30 AM Friday. Think the lines will be bad?

2. fadetheseven

fadetheseven High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bally's has a bad check in line anytime after 12pm. I'd imagine trying to check in before that will be just as bad since people are checking out.

I don't stay on the Strip but I have stayed at Bally's several times in the past few years.

3. gerry53

gerry53 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is sûre à plus staying downtown not Having the huge checkin lines.

I have stayed at bally's three or four times and do not recall long lines.

Just Lucky I guess.

Staying there Sun to friday in july so will see.

4. Lincster

Lincster Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was just there Sunday - Thursday. My 4PM check in looked long (right at the edge of the sign into the queue), but only took about 20 minutes. I think even platinum get to cut the line if that is your situation. The line looks bad, but I think the Flamingo always looks worse. However, if you are jumping the line at the Flamingo because of TR status, you should be able to do so at Ballys as well. It won't be bad at all then.

FYI -- my reading of the signs suggests that early check-in will be an upcharge. Just FYI. If you are going to do it, I would recommend 9:30 and not 11:00AM, when everyone is trying to check out.

5. swanny

swanny Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stayed there twice with my wife and we arrived around 1:30PM the first time and 8PM the second time. There was a line the first time, but I think it was only about a 10 minute wait, as they had plenty of staff and moved steadily. No line at all for the 8PM arrival, right in and right up to the room.

This year we will get there after 11PM on Tuesday night, so hopefully no line at that hour.

6. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last trip at Flamingo, we didn't see any Gold Rewards line. They had it in the past, and we got stuck in the Cattle Call line, which did actually move quite quickly.

I've checked in to Bally's in the morning maybe 10:00am or so and the regular Cattle Call line was about a 10 minute wait.

7. gerry53

gerry53 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    do they upcharge you if you check in any earlier than 4 pm?

how much is the charge for early checkin?

thanks

8. Gutzy

Gutzy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just returned from Bally's. We arrived at 9 am and only waited about 5 minutes. We used the $20/trick and she let us check in at that time. A guy next to me tried to check in and was rather rude to his check in worker and was turned down. They told him he had to return at 4 pm. So the $20 trick did really help us. They also upgraded us to the north tower. You can check in early for $15 (I believe). To me the $20 was worth it to be able to check in early plus have the north tower since we were staying a week and we wanted to use the pool a lot.

9. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  10. Suekel

Suekel VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

Woo Hoo! Long overdue and I'm looking forward to seeing what the redesigned rooms look like. It will be interesting to see what our comp offers do, since our most common is Bally's South Tower, with a charge for the North. That being said, I've never once stayed in the South, always getting upgraded for free at Check In. Will South become the new North, more desirable and expensive? Add in the views, and things could get interesting.

11. Jameezy

Jameezy RIP Riviera

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have stayed at balys so many times and somehow never ran into a bad check in line lol. I must have been lucky. I do see long lines later on around 5 or 6 when I head downstairs

12. pinklime

pinklime Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We've stayed at Bally's about 3 or 4 times and each time was a nightmare as far as checking in goes. I have sworn to never stay there again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.