1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Harrah's internet.... need recent experiences please

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by da1chifan, Jun 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. da1chifan

da1chifan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A few of us from our Fantasy league meet in Vegas to draft each August.

We will have at least 3 rooms at Harrah's this year. 2 of them are in classic or deluxe rooms, I am booked with a premium room.

I will have resort fee waived, the other 2 rooms will have to pay it.

What is the internet like in the rooms? We usually draft in the same room. Will the internet that they are paying for with the resort fee cover them no matter what room they are in? And I can just add mine on?

2. Doughy

Doughy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Harrah's isn't wireless or at least it wasn't when I stayed in the classic, deluxe and premium rooms (within the past year).

Have a victorious day!
  3. DMSCR

DMSCR High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The last time I was there was June of last year staying at one of the suites. There is free WiFi but it is very spotty and slow. As for the regular rooms I don't think they have them but I have not stayed there for a good while so things may have changed.

4. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The fee covers one device in one room. They have other plans for hotel wide service.

5. da1chifan

da1chifan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks everyone for the insight.

It looks like this is going to be more difficult than we originally thought. It was easy last year at PH because there was wi-fi there.

I am going to have to get a hold of a host and see if there is any other options for us.

Thanks again. :)

6. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There is free WiFi at the McDonald's next door to Harrah's. Could also go down to Venetian or Fashion Show Mall as a few places have WiFi there.

Because Harrah's has that "per device" fee what you could also do is bring along a wireless router and plug that in as the device and then connect all your wireless devices to that.

7. Tammy58

Tammy58 Frugal Slot Jockey

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Husband is not here right now to ask...he has something that he plugs into his pc...even with a wired internet connection it makes his pc a hot spot and he can use all his devices in the room off of that. Most hotels only allow 1 device per room or per connection fee. With his little gadget he uses his laptop, ipad, phone...my itouch...all off of one connection.

8. da1chifan

da1chifan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tammy - If you get a chance to ask him, I would LOVE to know what kind of device is required to do that. :)

Auggie - We were thinking about a router because only 1 of us is bringing an actual laptop, the others are bringing our tablets which require wifi (not hard wired connection). But none of us are really up on setting up wireless networks. I can't believe some of these places still haven't updated to get wifi!

Thanks again for the advice. :)

9. jbee

jbee Low-Roller

Last several times away from home, we used wifes Samsung GS3. It can be made into a hot spot. Didn't use much data. WE hooked up several toys. Maybe someone in your group has one.

10. jon_vegas

jon_vegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just came back from Harrah's yesterday. Mardi Gras tower 11th floor. Room wifi is slooooooow. Connection was a little better downstairs and 2nd floor by the Diamond Lounge/Toby Keiths.

11. da1chifan

da1chifan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey, I have a Galaxy S3! It's through Sprint. I will have to check in to that! Thanks! :)

12. da1chifan

da1chifan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the info Jon! :) So, you had Wi-fi in your room and not a wired connection? Do you know where the connection downstairs and on the 2nd floor was coming from?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.