1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Are you one of these people?

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Jerseyguy2, Jun 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do you invite people over to see your new this or that? If I go to someones house it's to see them,not their latest renovation or gadjet. If people come to see us I want them to come to visit us not to do a home inspection.

2. mdee

mdee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No Way! I've lived in my house for 24 years. I've never thrown a party and I know only one neighbor but we only talk or wave to each other in passing.
    There is nothing anyone has that I need or want and I hate having workers inside my home because I do not need anyone over here taking inventory.
    My brother hates it when someone from his wife's family says to him; "Must be Nice"! His response is always the same; "Must Be? Hell... It is Nice"!
    And then they get the boot from his house like... Forever! haha!

3. Huddler

Huddler VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I invite people over to see all the beers I have for us to drink and all the burgers, steaks, etc cooking on the grill!:beer:

4. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Amen, Hudds. We love to have people over because we love to cook, laugh, hang with friends old and new. We have a nice normal house, a backyard we designed to be comfy and inviting, a gorgeous view, but we entertain no more or less differently than when we started out in a one-room flat. Home is where the heart is and our hearts love people, good wine and food, good times.

5. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We're pretty close with the folks on either side and across the way... we BBQ together 3-4 times over the summer, help each other dig out after a snow-storm, wander to over to check out a new car or boat and they do the same here. Both my next-door neighbors were invited (and came) to watch the NBA finals last couple games on our new 80" Sharp flat screen, as they saw the BestBuy truck in the drive and said, "what'd ya buy now?" Our house has always been the kind where my girls have their friends over, A LOT... I like that they feel comfortable here.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2013
  6. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Glad I'm not alone

And I'm the first person to tell people how nice this or that is.

7. FXT

FXT VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I dont think I've ever done that but I have gone to a friends house to check out his newly renovated house. The party was thrown because he was finally done with the renovation after a year and he did majority of the construction himself.

I know what you're talking about though. Some people only want to throw/go to those shindigs to "one up" their friends by showing off their toys. Luckily my circle of friends dont share that mentality.

8. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Some people live their lives to impress other people. I haven't got a clue why they do this? It's really sad and pathetic.

9. wigwam_salesman

wigwam_salesman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It really depends. Generally, no. But some of my friends are into their gadgets as well so we all tend to show off our new stuff to each other.

10. vegas3

vegas3 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes OP, most people are very competitive with others. I have some neighbors like that and a few friends that are always comparing themselves with others. I feel sad for them. I personally stay away from people like that unless I have too because of a work relationship. You should have compassion for them knowing that they will not find happiness by accumulating what others have. They could just go to Vegas instead.

11. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I get something its for me and not something I get for showing off or to flaunt.

12. JRSOBX

JRSOBX Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I buy a new boat, I invite my boating friends over. If they were to buy a boat, I'd be over there in a second to check it out.

13. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We'd like you guys.... Wish I was closer to CA., I know we'd share a bottle or 3 of a good Merlot:)

14. Joe Strummer

Joe Strummer VIP Whale

I don't have any friends !:evillaugh
    Does having a newborn count ?
    We've had people over to look at him !:kiss:

15. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's funny, right there. :thumbsup:

Any time, my friend, though it's apt to be a GSM, Syrah or Viognier ... or three!

16. bardolator

bardolator Lifelong Low Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has to do with friends' level of interest as well as significance of event.

We're very interested in how our former neighbors' remodel turns out, and hope to be invited over to see it as soon as it is done. I reworked a pond in the back yard after the wall collapsed. It looks great and took weeks to finish. But we don't know anybody who is interested enough in such things that they would want to be invited over just to see it.

And although I can't wait to see my neighbor's new boat, I have no plans to burn protein over the homemade rudder I designed for my kayak.

17. DeMoN2318

DeMoN2318 The DERS

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My group of friends have car parties...

One guy has a giant backyard with a large RV gate so he invites everyone over, we all park our project cars in the backyard and hang out, drink beer, eat food, and talk cars...

When its time to leave, the burnout contest begins hehehehe

18. wigwam_salesman

wigwam_salesman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's just not true. They won't get your idea of happiness, but they will get theirs.

Why judge them? They aren't doing you any harm are they.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.