1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Place to propose!

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by vm00515, Jun 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vm00515

vm00515 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am a Vegas Virgin and heading there in August. I am looking for a great place to purpose. It can be a restaurant, but doesn't have to be.

I don't want to draw a huge amount of attention to it, but I want it to be unforgettable.

For restaurants, I've heard the Eiffel Tower or Olives (fountain views?) could do the trick.

Thanks in advance... let's hope she says yes!

2. uli_1515

uli_1515 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I say rent a limo do it up for the night then pop the question at the end of the night.

3. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can find lots of videos online of folks that do it in front of the Bellagio Fountains.

If you can get a seat on the balcony at Olives, that would be a cool place. (actually would be warm in August).

Outdoor patio at Mon Ami - but the tables there are rather tight.

4. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hope you're more convinced she actually wants to marry you before you propose:peace:

Bellagio Fountains - either at a restaurant patio or just next to the lake - are probably the most popular & well known. I mean, they're amazing, so they should be. I like the Welcome to Vegas sign too:thumbsup:

5. vm00515

vm00515 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Of course I know she is going to say yes. I was just being funny...

What about a Gondola ride at the Venetian? Are those nice?

6. bu$hman

bu$hman Guppie trying to become a whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I proposed to my wife at the Eiffel Tower Restaurant. It was awesome. Ask for a table by the windows. Try to get a reservation near sundown, as you can watch the sun set and then partake of the Bellagio Fountains. Also, if you can swing it (I requested, but did not get it) ask for, I think it's, Table 27. This is the corner table for two. Both of you will get to see the fountains, look at each other, all without one of you having to turn your head around. Be the man, as I was, make sure she does not have to turn her head to see the fountains if you don't get that table.

I did not do anything fancy, like having the ring in a glass of champagne, or delivered in the souffle. However, I am sure if you made arrangements, the would accommodate you. If you intend to get down on your knee, from what I recall, it's pretty narrow going in the aisle where we were seated (by the windows.) Let them know you're intentions, you will be taken care of.

Enjoy, and report back how it went.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 20, 2013
  7. vm00515

vm00515 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the advice, Bu$hman. It looks like the Eiffel Tower is the way I might go.

8. vm00515

vm00515 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is the restaurant really jacket required, like the website says?

9. Snotick

Snotick Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    just my 2 cents. Propose early on in the evening. No matter how calm you think you are on the outside. Women can tell.

I waited through the evening and my wife kept asking if something was wrong. (granted I didn't have all the distractions of Vegas)

10. bu$hman

bu$hman Guppie trying to become a whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Some other thoughts. Check out the menu. No use going if you don't like the food served. I am certain you will find something you like, though. If you get a souffle, of course, get the order in with your dinner order so that it will be ready for you at dessert time. I ordered the Grand Marnier souffle and was quite happy. Get your reservation in early. Don't wait until the last minute, you may not get what you want.

As for the food, we enjoyed it very much. Now, that proposal came in 2007, so the food may not be as tasty as it was, but I doubt it. I have looked at some reviews, and some say it is still quite good. I will try to post pictures of my dinner and view when I get the chance to find them. Note: they aren't too good, as I was not using a high-end camera. But they bring back good memories for me.

Regarding the jacket: I very rarely wear one, but I did that night. I don't think you would have a problem not wearing one. Ask when you make the reservation. Go ahead, wear one, it's a special night. Plus, I needed it to keep the box the ring was in. It would have been way too bulky in my pants pocket.

I am excited for you. It's the best thing I ever did, up until the point of us having our two children. That is saying a lot, as I am an old man and started late.

11. atom

atom High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Here's another idea... Get a room with a terrace and a fountain view at the Cosmopolitan. The balcony of one of those rooms would be a perfect spot for a proposal. Then you have the rest of the night to enjoy the room.

12. billydice

billydice Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did it from my room at start. Ordered room service moved table by the window that over looked the strip

13. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like this!

I also like the suggestion to do it early in the evening (I might add- early in the trip?) because the other person will notice something is different.....

14. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Unless you drop the ring!!! Don't drop the ring!!!

15. JWBlue

JWBlue VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought I posted this before. No idea why it might have been deleted.

I would propose at the Grand Canyon. There is not a better place.

If she is on the fence, this could be the deciding factor.

[​IMG]

Good luck.

16. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    dinner at Eifel Tower is rather high, and gets mixed reviews. Still okay.

If you can swing room at Cosmo with fountain view - AWESOME.

If you could afford the helo trip to Grand Canyon that lands IN the GC for lunch, that would be awesome.

17. MangoPort

MangoPort High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Obviously this is such a personal event that you know what's best, but I like the idea of proposing just *before* dinner and then having a limo take you to the restuarant to celebrate and talk about your lives together.

But if the girl is right there's no wrong way to do it.

Good luck! (been married almost 3 years myself and couldn't be happier)

18. WrongWayWade

WrongWayWade VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So if she says no you can give her a push?? (Sorry, too cynical, I know.) :wink2:

19. kps

kps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Got engaged in Las Vegas Oct. 12, 2012. Due to my somewhat warped sense of humor I proposed to her at the Las Vegas sign.

Had 10 people for that trip with 6 of her gf's and 2 of my friends. I ordered a limo to pick us up at 11 AM and had my friend roll with the whole noob thing of wanting to see the sign and we ought to take pics thing.

Got there, Elvis impersonator was there, did not know that part, outstanding. Did the whole pics with Elvis, Vegas sign thing with friends and after tipping Elvis for his time, Elvis' assistant made few suggestions for pics of the 2 of us, he took a few pics of just her and I, my friend was recording on his camera at this point and I dropped to 1 knee and proposed which confused the assistant while he was snapping. Completely shocked everyone and fortunately she said yes. Wedding Oct. 13 this year.

Cheesy but memorable.

20. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't know, Blue, seems to me if locale not the person tips the scales, it might be best to reconsider the whole thing. :rolleyes2:

To the OP: Are you guys from a small town? Do you have a particular love for the outdoors? Is there an activity -- other than the obvious one :thumbsup: -- you both love? Do you guys like bright lights? Is she a nut for sushi or NY-style pizza? Etc. Soooo many options for this monumental moment and it would be cool to make it so very you guys.

Congrats!

(P.S. I proposed from a hospital bed. Long story. lol)

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.