1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Annnnnd Facebook killed my account

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by Check-Raise, Jun 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Check-Raise

Check-Raise High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, so much for having an account dedicated to MyVegas, they didn't like that very much and killed it! :( Along with all my LPs :(

Sooo, anyone know if it's possible to get those LPs transferred to my regular facebook page if I start playing there? I just don't want to send all those notifications and pester my real life friends and family..

2. JustNgo

JustNgo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They won't transfer LP to another account. You can restrict the posting privileges of MyVegas to only post to a custom list of people though.

3. gnd

gnd Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Or post only to you. I think that is what I did. I agree about not bothering friends. I only have 1 friend who checked it out, once. Either way, after this week, I won't be playing any more. Maybe once every 90 days to keep whatever points I have left active. Less than 1 week until I'm there!!

4. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's once every 30 days, fyi. Enjoy your upcoming trip!

Kicking off the Trip with Two New Hotels to Us!!!
  5. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did they lock your account for adding to many Facebook friends or did they delete your account? There have been other members who had their account locked out because they added too many FB friends in a short amount of time. It's possible to get it unlocked when that happens, but a few hoops you have to jump thru to do it.

Do a search here in the MyVegas section for how they were able to get their accounts unlocked.

6. Check-Raise

Check-Raise High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll have to look into that. I think they locked it because I added too many friends, they tried to get me to identify pictures of people, with 400 friends 0 of whom I have ever met, I am obviously unable to complete this step lol.

I'll look into it, thanks for the info!

7. Mitkraft

Mitkraft VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Search on this board and you'll find how to get past this. I belive I myself posted instructions some time ago. It's too wordy to retype. It's cumbersome but can be done. Took me about a week. Still better than loosing your account and LP's.

8. FamousMike

FamousMike Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This might sound crazy, but in light of recent events, people wearing tin foil hats don't seem crazy anymore. I got a friend request from someone with no profile picture. No big deal and not too uncommon for people who just have a MyVEGAS account. After I confirmed the friend request, I saw that I was their first friend, they only liked MyVEGAS, and never shared or posted anything. I got nervous because I read this post about losing your account for getting too many friends too quickly, and after some thought, I unfriended the person. Maybe this is how they get you? They set up fake accounts to see if you'll friend anyone, regardless of whether you know them. If Facebook tests me to see if I can match profile pics with names, I took pics of all my friends so they can't get me there in case I need a cheat sheet. I only joined FB to play MyVEGAS, so most of my friends are players, about 400 people. The offers aren't even that great these days. Can't they just let us have fun? I don't think MyVEGAS players are breaking their bank with these comps.

9. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Accounts can be flagged when someone asks multiple people, who have nothing in common, to be their friend. Also, if any of those people decline the friend request and say that they don't know the person, that can trigger a flag as well.

If you are going to add people that you don't know to a Facebook account, I wouldn't add more than 4/5 people a day.

10. FamousMike

FamousMike Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the info. I'm familiar with the Facebook jail situation when you say you don't know them outside of FB. I always go to their page to avoid the question when I confirm. I had 10 friend requests when I logged on today and was hesitant to confirm them all, but I did (we can all use the extra gift chips). Guess we should all be more conservative with gaining friends. What about using apps to automatically collect bonuses? Heard that might be bad too.

11. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Most of the time if you just add a profile photo to your account it will help avoid Facebook questioning if its a fake and/or second account or not.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.