1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Breaking anniversary tradition.

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Joe, Jun 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Changed our Oct dates

Even though it is tradition for us to spend our anniversary (Oct 17) in Vegas, we changed our dates because of a Boyd offer.

Two tickets to UNLV vs UH game on Oct 12th at Sam Boyd stadium.

It includes roundtrip transportation, some kind of tailgate party and four nights free.

Now I just have to see how to finagle this offer through our host, so we still get the suite and the Gold Card for food & drink.

Wisconsin is in the Big Ten and no alcohol is allowed to be brought in, or purchased at a game. I love that you can go to any UNLV game and buy an alcoholic drink.:beer:

2. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OK, I hope this doesn't doom my luck forever, but we have changed our Oct flights and we will not be in Vegas for our anniversary on Oct 17, which would be number 32. I think first time in well over 20+ years.

Instead, we will be going Oct 11-15 and we have an offer from Boyd for 2 tickets to UNLV vs. UH, free transportation to and from Sam Boyd Stadium and some kind of tailgate party before the game.

We love college football, so this was perfect!:thumbsup:

Airfare change on SWA only cost an additional $26 dollars.:thumbsup:

3. Lhammer28

Lhammer28 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So, I don't follow NCAA, but don't the Badgers usually play UNLV the first week in Sept?? Your post reminded me that a lit of my friends go out there for the game, and I will be there 8/31-9/4 so I just checked when they play, and they don't play at all? Is this new?

Once again, forgive me I do not follow NCAA, Now NFL, that is another story!

4. squidward

squidward Probationary Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry Joe, I went to Texas A&M not University of Houston... so I will not be attending this event? :eek:

5. ItsJustMe

ItsJustMe Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When Boyd talks about UH, they're talking about UH as in University of Hawaii.

There is always tons of people who make the trip to Vegas to do their 2 favorite past-times: gambling and watching UH Football.

I received the same offer but am not going since I already scheduled trips in July, August, November and December.

6. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Should be a good game from the fan's perspective, as both teams can move the ball and score and neither usually can stop anybody. ItsJustMe is right, Hawaii travels well to LV, so the stadium should fill-up. It's great to take a private bus out there, party, drink and get back on and have some laughs, while others are dealing with the traffic.

With regards to Wisconsin, ljwham's correct Wisconsin did play out here in 2010 and then the following year UNLV traveled back Madison for a drubbing. They call those a "home and home" arrangement, but it was just for those couple years... though I'm sure anytime the Badgers need a "must" win, they seek the Rebels out again.

7. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They used to do a home and away series every couple of years. Starting this year, the Badgers claim to be committed to not playing guaranteed win teams in the college "preseason". They are starting to book better competition.

Sorry, not meaning to insult any UNLV fans. And we went to the game in Madison where UNLV did beat the Badgers in 2003, but that was only the second time. The first was in 1986.

I think even a die hard UNLV fan would admit that the Big Ten and Mountain West conferences are on a different level. But, like they say about the NFL...on any given Sunday, or Saturday in this case.

But to answer your question...they haven't played UNLV since 2011.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.