1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Twin peaks wait

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by vokalml, Mar 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vokalml

vokalml Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wondering if anyone has tried twin peaks. How's the food? And what is the wait for lunch on a weekday?

2. addicted

addicted High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Haven't been to the one in vegas but I was at the location in omaha last week(I've been there once before) drinks are always mixed well and the food is pretty good.

Ordered a club last week and this is what they brought

[​IMG]

3. vokalml

vokalml Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks. I thought the food would be decent but nothing great. I know Vegas just opened up so I'm worries about the wait.

4. xman30

xman30 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been to a couple Twin Peaks in the Houston area. Both are better than Hooters. That might not be saying much to some people, but if you have to go to a breastaurant, Twin Peaks is the better choice.

xman30

5. travloh

travloh Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Avoid this place at all costs! Just returned from March Madness weekend and Twin Peaks was the undisputed dark spot on a great weekend.

Scantiliy clad waitress by the name of Randi pitches a great "deal"consisting of 32 oz frozen take home mug for 18 bucks. Fill with 32 ozs of brew for the price of 22. All 3 of us initially decline.

We order another beer each at 10 bucks each, and mull over the deal again. We are getting into the games and our view of the TVs is good, so we reconsider and tell Randi to set us up with the big frosty mugs.

Randi delivers 3 mugs of frosty goodness, and informs us her shift is about to end. We settle up and she bats her eyes into a 40% tip. We are having fun.

After Randi departs, we realize there was obviously a shift change snafu, and we are ignored for a solid half hour.

We flag down a buxom beauty and tell her we have been forgotten. She apologizes and askes what we need. 3 refills of our shiny new mugs, we tell her.

15 minutes pass and nothing. Ok, its a problem. We tell another juggy waitress that we are being forgotten about. We are not belligerent in the least. 2 of the3 of us work in management for a major reastaurant chain. We understand how rude customers are treated, and we sympathize with a staffing issue.

Top heavy waitress NUMBER 4 delivers 3 beers in 22 ounce glasses. We point to our mugs that we proudly purchased and point out 22 ounces just ain't gonna fill em. She clearly was waiting for this and disappears with the promise of a resolution.

A manager appears tableside with uncharacteristic punctuality and is clearly ready to spar. We explain the deal we were promised with the new mugs, and that it was not being honored.

The manager explains to us that cash-heavy Randi misspoke and there really is no such deal. We ask him to make it right by either refunding the 54 dollars for the mugs or honoring the deal we were sold.

Manager guys says that his employee's mistake is not his problem, and he will not refund money for mugs, nor honor deal.

The 3 of us take turns telling manager guy that this is the opposite of customer service, and we think he should reconsider. He declines and one in our party tells him he is not a good manager.
    This gives him what he wants and he tosses us.

I will reiterate that we were not in the least belligerent. Everytime we "complained" it was always cordial and we portrayed our understanding for the situation.

6. HOUtoLAS

HOUtoLAS High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    +1. Now that the 290 location is open, I don't know how I ever lived without Twin Peaks.

7. xman30

xman30 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't been to the 290 location yet. I've been to the one in Webster off of 45 & the Kirby/59 location. I went to a few bikini car washes last year at those two. Took a lot of pictures!!! :licklips:

xman30

8. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been to the one in Omaha once, after a lot of coaxing. I was not impressed. It was expensive for what you got. LOL, the crowd there seemed to be mostly 30-40-ish guys wondering where all of the ladies were. :)

9. vegasbound

vegasbound VIP Whale

My husband has been dining there for lunch with coworkers regularly. There's never been a wait not even during March Madness. All three floors were packed then, though. They all agree the food is terrible, but the view is GREAT. Go for the beer, skip the food. The dirty blonde has been the crowd favorite.

10. Jameezy

Jameezy RIP Riviera

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The dirty blonde beer is my favorite. It taste just like blue moon......though this hot brunette there got mad at me for not ordering a notty brunette beer (their new castle brown ale). The chi ken fingers are really good. Mixed drinks are mixed well. I prefer blondes so of course there are busty blondes everywhere. Can't wait to go back next week.

11. Suekel

Suekel VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There is one in the town where I live. It's alright for HH - drinks and apps, and I know the guys appreciate the attractive staff. That being said, it's just another chain restaurant serving food trucked in frozen from Sysco. Nothing to write home about from a culinary standpoint.

12. Someone

Someone High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    am I to assume the three of you quickly chugged the three 22oz beers in question as you were being tossed and at least refused to pay for those?

I know that is the least of what I would have done.....pretty terrible that a "manager" can't pour a few beers from the tap into those "collectible mugs" to honor a deal and keep some customers happy.....they probably pour out more beer than that in foam from improperly poured beers and from switching the kegs out before they are fully empty.......there is not a chance in hell something like that would have ever shown up on the bottom line

the worst thing about most breastraunts is that in addition to the food being as described above "trucked in sysco" the service is often terrible as well......I generally prefer good food, good service and like something nice to ogle.....but if it comes down to it I at least have to have 2 of the three and the ogling is not one of the two I have to have.....and just ogling will never cut it along with bad food and bad service

needless to say I generally avoid breastraunts

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.