1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Pools in LV

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by mattie, Jun 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mattie

mattie Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was wondering, what access to pools at the hotels along the strip (example, Caesars, Venetian, ect.) do Las Vegas or Nevada residents receive? Are you able to puchase a day pass and enjoy some time at the pool or do you have to stay at the hotel to get access to it?

2. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    To the best of my knowledge and from my experiences, the only hotels that do that are some of the off-strip hotels. I will say most versus all because I have't stayed at every strip hotel, require you to show a room key for access to the pool. A while back, people were keeping their room keys at checkout and using them for access in the future or lending them to friends visiting Vegas so then the hotels started slipping them into an electronic access device to ensure the room key was "active".

3. pinklime

pinklime Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Caesar's requires a room key to be shown, otherwise for $10 you can use their pool. No one swiped the key to see if it was active, just had to flash it at the towel attendant.

4. scottydoog

scottydoog Low-Roller

Birmingham, England. But born and raised in Bonny
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dont know about strip hotels, but LVH is pretty lax at checking keys when going to the pool, and sure dont check if they are "active". They were more concerned about having alcohol in my bag (which I did,nt have). They have happy hour at pool bar $5.75 for 2 draght pints.

5. waverunner

waverunner ------VEGA$------

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Rio is free to the general public. I stayed there in May, but it's free to everyone else. If you live in Vegas you probably drive a car, if you are staying at another hotel and don't drive, you can catch the Rio shuttle from Bally's and Harrah's.

6. kps

kps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  7. Sam D

Sam D Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have never seen anyone being asked to show a room key at Bally's pool. Last year when I stayed at the Stratosphere , they didn't check room keys either.

8. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    no local that I have known that has been there any length of time has any desire to hit the strip other than showing visitors around. so I think it's a moot point.

9. Carlany2

Carlany2 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You have to show a key at BLVD pool, Cosmo. The bamboo pool, however, is open to all.

10. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The bamboo pool is only open to hotel guests as well. I think u mean the Marquee pool who is open to the public just like any other dayclub on the strip.

11. Carlany2

Carlany2 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, you're right. My bad.

12. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    during weekdays most locals are free. if your a girl that will extend to weekends at some properties.

mgm has a special website for locals just google to find it.
    i know at the rio locals are free same at palms and hardrock except weekend.
    i belive locals are free at bare.i got a mgm mailing of locals a bunch of free things.
    saphire is free thursday and sunday

if your a hot chick you can problaly get in free whenever you want,if your a guy :Þ

las vegas weekly mag list what clubs and day clubs let locals in for free and on what nites and days

13. domeboy

domeboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You might want to listen to Pub Crawl podcast of Vegas Video Network or itunes. The hosts are locals and talk in a few episodes about pools. They seem to like the open pool at Hooters.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.