1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

$500 for a weekend in NoLa

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Vegas Insight, Jun 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vegas Insight

Vegas Insight MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have no affiliation or benefit from this offer. I just want to know more. http://www.sweetjack.com/travel/deal/national/wyndham-hotel-and-roundtrip-air?utm_source=SweetJack&utm_medium=MerchantAPI&utm_campaign=SweetJack_530691&linksrc=image&_wcsid=E9A6A117FFBC18F3F3D6676754AC1134D37874D0AADE569D

RT airfare for two from MSP to Bourbon St. is easily over $500.

We'll assume that I'll be able to use this on a weekend. (Dangerous assumption?) If so, give me a weekend at a Wyndham hotel with airfare for $500, add in $50/ticket for airport tax (is that a could estimate) plus another $50 for hotel tax and you're looking at roughly $650 RT for two people.

Other assumptions: you get in before midnight on Friday and don't have to leave on the first plane out on Sunday. (More dangerous assumptions?)

Cheap trip for two from MSP to the French Quarter for a winter weekend getaway.

Too good to be true?

Your thoughts.

(Is there a travel bargains web forum I should be perusing? I will have to Google tonight and find out.)

2. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would never get involved with anything like this.

Having worked in two legitimate travel agencies ,stuff like this sends up a lot of red flags to me anyhow. I dont like things with no cancellation policy to begin with and the tax and gratuity? .What gratuities are they talking about .
    Never heard of Bill Brown and redeem your voucher.com or whatever that is but Im not familliar with all these internet people out there nowadays ,I only dealt with mainstream wholesalers .( I liked getting paid for bookings)
    I,ve been out of the loop for 5 years ,and I know people find deals like this on the net all the time and maybe someone else knows these people and it's legit.

3. Vegas Insight

Vegas Insight MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    thanks for your insight. i'm not apt to pull the trigger. i am of the opinion that the downsides will offset the savings associated with a weekend getaway on the cheap.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.